Yankee concept 92

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
K
Legacy Member

Re: Yankee concept 92

Post by K »

Emilio:

I'm pleased to see this car went to a good home. She's a beauty!

Kevin
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

wow! you did get it! Thats great! Very nice addition to the collection. A real quality car there.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Andy

Post by Andy »

Congratulations!
I saw the auction, but I didn't want to bid on it, due to the shipping costs to Sweden...
I did bid on a similar car, with a new unpaintet body in Germany this Spring, but it went up to high. I offered 580euro, and didn't get it..

I would love to have one of this BMW E30, as I have one 1/1 scale, 1987 convertible.
I have owned it since 1993, and it is a pleasure each spring to take it out of the garage and start driving it again.
Andy
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Funky, just saw you paid a fair price for that. It was almost a steal! Nice work, glad you got such a clean ride there. Its a keeper.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
2pock

Post by 2pock »

Funky Monk very lucky. I saw that auction too and kinda got tied up with the wife & kids and forgot to check ebay. :evil:
Couldnt talk u into selling or trading it could I,lol ????
2pock

Post by 2pock »

Well Funky Monk it was worth a try anyway,lol..
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

wow very clean model! glad to see you also love french cars here! prices are growing this year to buy Yankee cars...(http://rcbodyshop.fr/cote to see my "study") but this one is cheap! the only "problem" is that it will never ride isn't it? :)
so long life to Image !

Stef from France

don't forget you can buy some new ones on the online shop of the factory....( + or - 1500€) :wink:
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
frankkind
Legacy Member

Post by frankkind »

eightman wrote:wow very clean model! glad to see you also love french cars here! prices are growing this year to buy Yankee cars...(http://rcbodyshop.fr/cote to see my "study") but this one is cheap! the only "problem" is that it will never ride isn't it? :)
so long life to Image !

Stef from France

don't forget you can buy some new ones on the online shop of the factory....( + or - 1500€) :wink:
what do you mean some new ones???
2pock

Post by 2pock »

Wow thats one thing about overseas, u can get ur hands on some good buys !
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:
frankkind wrote:
eightman wrote:wow very clean model! glad to see you also love french cars here! prices are growing this year to buy Yankee cars...(http://rcbodyshop.fr/cote to see my "study") but this one is cheap! the only "problem" is that it will never ride isn't it? :)
so long life to Image !

Stef from France

what do you mean some new ones???
I believe Yankee just came out with the (01/509 YANKEE) which stands for the 1st 1/5 scale and the year 2009 hence 01/509. Then you have the new lexan bodies that are available, other then this I'm curious to know also what's new?
911 bodies ares ready, venturi too...
i was talking about 1/4 one not the small 01/509....
this venturi is brand new...a little "tunned" by his new owner....picture taken this weekend in a 1/4 scale racing in Montpellier (France: south)
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:Wow that chassis looks as long or longer then the viper. Long gone are the days of the original F7 engines :cry: looks like DDM engines. Do you have a photo of the Venturi body? My wife has In-laws not to far from Montpellier.
hello FuNkY mOnk, also welcome on Yankee Forum :wink: !
the owner of this car play with fiberglass and had put a strange viper body on it, he didn't had the time to paint the new lexan venturi body yet ! ... maybe i will...
it's the same as mine...3 parts...
edit:image
Last edited by eightman on September 7th, 2009, 8:27 am, edited 2 times in total.
le.pat

Post by le.pat »

FuNkY mOnK wrote:Hey guys, First things first, props to Mike and the new forum which makes loading photos and editing flawless, then add the fact that more photos can be added now. Very pleasurable experience, thanks Mike. I like to share my latest addition from ebay. It has stickers Yankee concept 92 so I'm figuring that this was the name it went by with the model of the car (BMW M3) It's a very simple design but very sturdy and almost as heavy as my Yankee GT40 and is a 3 piece body set. It is brand new never ran and I believe this was assembled and decal-ed by Yankee them-selfs because everything is perfectly labeled and spaced, probably even a floor model? Enjoy the photos and please if anyone can share more info on this model please feel free. Thanks for looking. :)
Hello Funky mOnK,

I have took a look on different post and saw that you have a great collection.
For the M3 concept 92, I can confirm you that it's a old Yankee factory, it was sticked by Luc Jodor, the graphic designer and you can see it on the 92 catalogue.

:wink: