New to 1/4 scale

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Jmccustoms

New to 1/4 scale

Post by Jmccustoms »

Hey guys, wanted to show you my first 1/4 scale RC my boss at work gave me. I have just purchased a 26cc and clutch assy to put on it and other items to get it up and running, this WCM has never had a motor bolted on it and has never seen a run. It was mainly for display and Advertising by R.H.S. in Memphis, and now I have it to mainly run on pleasure runs. I had to purchase new tires/rims due to the solid foam tires that was on it has definite flat spots from sitting since the late 80's. I purchased a Lumina body that I will run because I dont want to hurt the Regal body for Memorabilia sakes. I am also changing it over to the belt drive setup to make it simpler, Just wanted to share my find.
Attachments
nascar chassis rear.jpeg
nascar chassis rear.jpeg (34.72 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
nascar chassis front.jpeg
nascar chassis front.jpeg (35.01 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
nascar.jpeg
nascar.jpeg (31.32 KiB) Viewed 6162 times
fuzzymuff

Re: New to 1/4 scale

Post by fuzzymuff »

Welcome to the forum..
Kool looking car... :) :) :)
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

First of all welcome to the forums.
And I love the car it is absolutely beautiful great find. The old WCM cars are my favorite I just finished restoring my WCM GN a few months back. And I think converting it over to belt is a good idea.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
oldschoolmidget
1/4 scale guru

Post by oldschoolmidget »

Hello and welcome to the forum,
That's a very very nice looking WCM. I would not run the car. They're only new once and it's rare to find in new condition. Buy FG or HPI. You can get parts all day long.
oldschool
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

wow, great find. great body
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jmccustoms

Post by Jmccustoms »

I need some pictures to help me decide how to mount my steering servos, if you have any good pictures please share. I have my motor and belt drive set up how I want it and now need to get all my servos mounted. New tire/rim combo is mounted , I'm getting closer day by day. I'll post pics when I can. Thanks guys for any help :D
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Jmccustoms wrote:I need some pictures to help me decide how to mount my steering servos, if you have any good pictures please share. I have my motor and belt drive set up how I want it and now need to get all my servos mounted. New tire/rim combo is mounted , I'm getting closer day by day. I'll post pics when I can. Thanks guys for any help :D

I will post some pictures for you tomorrow.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.
Jmccustoms

Post by Jmccustoms »

Thanks, be looking forward to it.
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Sorry the car is real dirty I have been running it a lot, it is a blast to run.

Here are the pictures of the steering servo of hope this helps and if you have any other questions or need more photos just let me know.

Also I am running a Futaba S5050 servo its old and outdated but it does the job and the dimensions fit perfectly.
And for the servo linkage I am using some rock crawler parts they look good are cheep and you can most likely get them at your local hobbie shop.
And I have found that putting some little delron discs up top helps the steering be smooth and bind free, I used to use some smooth rounded steel washers but even they would dig into the aluminum so I pulled some white shock pistons out of an old electric rc car and used them up top and they work great.