Days of Thunder City Chevrolet 1/4 scale WCM

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Jmccustoms

Days of Thunder City Chevrolet 1/4 scale WCM

Post by Jmccustoms »

Here is the finished product on my lumina body for my classic WCM nascar, I didnt want to mess up the Regal body that came with this rolling chassis due to the Origin of the Regal body and its History with the company im with. I found the lumina body uncut and unpainted for 40$. I have always Loved the City Chevrolet from Days of Thunder so I decided to paint it up like it. This chassis has never had a motor bolted up to it from day 1 and my Boss wanted someone to make good use of it, I think I can definitely do that! I put a 26cc CY on it and converted it over to belt drive thanks to Fred Murray supplying the clutch assy and gears needed. I will be running it mainly for pleasure this is my first 1/4 scale but the fun ive had so far I can tell it wont be my last!!! I included a picture of the original body to show what I received. Thanks for looking!
Attachments
nascar.jpeg
nascar.jpeg (31.32 KiB) Viewed 3859 times
car top.jpeg
car rear.jpeg
car front.jpeg
Jmccustoms

Re: Days of Thunder City Chevrolet 1/4 scale WCM

Post by Jmccustoms »

Dont know what happened to pics but here ya go
Attachments
car roof.jpeg
car rear.jpeg
car front.jpeg
Jmccustoms

Post by Jmccustoms »

And a huge thank you to Lance Jones for the engine and all the technical support, it's good to have good guys who know what they know helping out!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

LOOKS GREAT!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
a187lbird
1/4 scale guru

Post by a187lbird »

Looks absolutely amazing, great job. Locktite every bolt and nut if you are going to run it. Pieces come flying off these bad boys after just 2 minutes of running.
Duct tape is like the force. It has a light side, a dark side, and it holds the world together.