Last car in my collection.

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Last car in my collection.

Post by Emilio »

I told my wife that I wasn't going to buy anymore 1/4 scale cars as I have one of every kind of genera ( I think that's the word?) in my collection and I'm totally satisfied with. But I did tell her if an original 1934 WCM coupe showed up one day that I would buy it no matter what price or condition, that day came over the weekend. It needs a lot of TLC but I will enjoy restoring it, It's missing the grill and hood area and looks to have one center cap missing also. It will be delivered Friday and I'll post updated photos. Here are some photos from the seller in the mean time. Hope you enjoy!
Attachments
photo 3 - Copy.JPG
photo 2 - Copy.JPG
my 34 3.jpg
my 34 2.jpg
my 34 1.jpg
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: Last car in my collection.

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Nice project
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thanks Al,

Just look at her she's starving for love and affection!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I'm going to know soon enough, but are these bodies ABS or fiberglass?
tekne10

Post by tekne10 »

She is a beauty!! looking forward to the restoration :)
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Thank you for the kind words and info, post yours here if you like would love to see every one!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Nice find. I have both types of bodies, fiberglass and abs.... My favorite is the Fiberglass...... As for your missing parts. I know somebody (Pro Street ) who has originals but he ain't budging on them....AND..... As for how you got it... Well. If I was hard up for it and the auction ended Id report the guy to Ebay . The word scumbag comes to mind when someone reaches out to the seller and throws a stupid number out there and they end the auction... Now. Sorry Al for pissing on your forum but I call them as I see them.... Purely my opinion but it just goes to show the real character of some of the people we deal with in this hobby...

Imagination Feeds Creativity

Dominick
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Dominick

I agree with you, no worries!!
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Dom you shouldn't be on forums debating topics as you tend to contradict yourself more then less, and there is a blurred line between contradict and hypocrite, which is why I expose you every chance I get. As for me I'll leave your character at this.

Most people in the hobby won't offer a price to end auction early because they are either to cheap or hope to get the auction next to nothing then brag about it or really don't need it, not me, I know one thing and I always say this, some people respect morals but everyone respects money. Do you know how many people contacted me through ebay for my Stadium truck? and if morals was such an issue why are sellers taking the stupid money and leading me or anyone else to believe that this is better for their wallet? ebay hates this idea because it dips into their wallets and has nothing to do with morals. I know for a fact that no one would have outbid me on this auction because i was going for the jugular and from a sellers point of view I think people like me are an asset to this hobby as far as they're concerned.

As for body parts, the person I sold my New era stadium truck actually fabricates every body part and the 1934 body itself, don't need to give names we all know who it is. I'll wait around for the originals to pop up one day, I'm in no rush.

Anyway, on another note for the history books, the people who sold this car to me paid $100.00 for it and thought it was just another toy from a Toys R Us or the like. Both parties had no clue what they had. I say good for them on the killing.
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

Funky. Your Fan base is getting smaller and I think your whitey tighties are cutting off your blood supply to your brain...But.... I'll just wait for you to start this project, get bored of it and TRY and part it out at some crazy price.... Watching you is better then the movie Groundhog day....MERELY MY OPINION.... Who knows, you might get one right someday..... Good luck...

And for the record . Yes , I did contact you on eBay when you where selling that Iroc and said good luck... I dropped a bid on it to get the ball rolling...Remember.....At that point..... I Told you I was going no higher and your response was... Some one offered you more so I said..... Sell it to them... There. I'm exposed....

Flash copied the messages on eBay...

NEXT POST WILL BE FOR MY PROJECT ON THE BENCH. DONE WITH THIS.

IMAGINATION FEEDS CREATIVITY

Dominick
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Wow Dom I'm blushing I never knew I had a fan base! :lol: :lol:
c103110
1/4 scale guru

Post by c103110 »

Flunky Monkey, have you figured out if your bodie is ABS plastic or Fibergless? You're fan base want's to no.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Its black plastic as Trev mentioned, just to clear some things up about my eBay scandal, I ask the seller if he had a price in mind and that was it, after that I went to show my wife the eBay auction and I was going to place a stupid dollar sign bid on it but the auction was no where to be found, it was even vaporized from my watch list so I let it go. Next day I got an email from the seller with his phone number and he said that eBay yanked his auction for trying to sell out of eBay's policy, I also came to learn there were others that were trying to get it before the auction ended.

Anyway, my 1/8 scale midget is done just waiting on the decals, after this, I will start the resto on this 1934 and hope everyone enjoys this instead of the drama nonsense. Peace.