New Era Corvette

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
El Vago

New Era Corvette

Post by El Vago »

Here are a couple pictures of my New Era Corvette. This particular car was built by Frank DeSimone (owner of New Era) for the Nashua NH Lions Club and raffled off by them. A friend of mine came into possession of it when the winner of the raffle sold it to a pawn shop.It cost me an engraved Ruger Single Six(3 screw), a couple of knives,and a 30 jewel Bulova watch but it was worth it. Car has never been started and still had the weight loadings on the tread surface of the tires. Treads are in pretty poor shape now from age but the rest of the car is great. Got an original manual and catalog from Frank many years ago.
Attachments
NewEra99.jpg
NewEra98.jpg
NewEra97.jpg
NewEra84.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: New Era Corvette

Post by Emilio »

Car looks great and displays beautifully, you have a very rare and complete car. Are these current photos?
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Very Nice!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Awesome find. Very, very, hard to find model. Congrats!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I love this car. I always wanted one and its on the dream list.
El Vago

Post by El Vago »

Emilio wrote:Car looks great and displays beautifully, you have a very rare and complete car. Are these current photos?
Those photos were taken several years ago but the car is still in the same shape. It sits atop a cabinet in my shop.The radio gear is around somewhere. The only modification I made to i6t was to mount a couple of tool clips to the rear of the body to allow it to be displayed open and made a brace to hold the body open. It originally had Velcro on the front and rear(still holds the spoiler on the front) which didn't work very well.
My only other 1/4 scale is a pickup truck body only I bought at a yard sale for $5. Not in the greatest of shape but the price was right. I also have an R/C new style Mini Cooper that is about 1/4 scale and a Muscle Machines Camaro in about 1/8 scale.Only one i've ever seen.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Is the pick up body fiberglass?
El Vago

Post by El Vago »

Emilio wrote:Is the pick up body fiberglass?

No Emilio it is Lexan. Not sure what it was supposed to represent and it is currently buried inside a car stored in my garage. I'll see of I can dig it out this weekend and take some pictures.