New to forum, my WCM black chassis nascar.

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
James Lee

New to forum, my WCM black chassis nascar.

Post by James Lee »

Hi forum members, my name is James and I think I may have a new built WCM nascar, it still has labels on the tyres and there was mounting tape with its backing still on for the throttle servo, the engine has been run as there was some surface rust on it but no signs its been driven, I replaced the primer bulb, flushed the fuel system and it started first pull and idles great, Im in love with this car. I have fitted some servos as I had planned on driving it but may be I shouldnt. It has 6 pin wheels which are black plastic and it has a black chassis, rear shock tower is offset ans has 2 laydown steering servos. I will add some pics when I work out how, if anyone could tell me how old the car is that would be appreciated and also what bodies were available at that time as I dont have one for it. Thank you, James.
James Lee

Re: New to forum, my WCM black chassis nascar.

Post by James Lee »

This car drives great, I was amazed how easy it was to drive, I didnt even scuff the skin off the tyres and had great traction. I just need to fit some stronger servo savers and will be sorted. There is no 1/4 scale asphalt racing here in Australia but there is some dirt oval with super sedan classes, I might see how it will run on dirt with increased ride height and cut tyres, Im building a 80s style grand national body in light alum with clear perpex side dams and Ill be buying a bead roller and brake so its done and looks right. Ive made and mounted all the templates in alum/plastic composite but Im not quite happy with the side profile.
Its really hard to find much info about old WCM. Is there a site or a place to view old WCM adds or catalogues to see what cars etc were available? Happy hobbying, James.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

lets see some pics and identify that for you. Sounds like you are having a blast and thats all that matters.

Adds are hard to come by. Some have been posted here, but most are in old magazines and honestly dont really help much.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
James Lee

Post by James Lee »

Just removed the body as Im a bit embarrassed how it looks and to better ID this car
Attachments
IMG_9914.JPG
James Lee

Post by James Lee »

Heres the rear.
Attachments
IMG_9915.JPG
James Lee

Post by James Lee »

The G2D engine isnt exactly a powerhouse so I fitted a tuned pipe from my Baja, also there no carb mixture screws, its 4 stroking up top real bad, can I just fit an adjustable carb?
Attachments
IMG_9916.JPG
James Lee

Post by James Lee »

There were no chassis scraps until I took ownership.
Attachments
IMG_9917.JPG