DWA madness!!!!!

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

DWA madness!!!!!

Post by Mike Casey »

These cars have changed hands more times than a LA hooker, but they are finally home to stay.

The story:

A very nice guy contacted me right after i started QSL. He was in holland and had a cool collection. He had quite a few dwa cars, yankee and other tidbits. We exchanged many emails over the years. He was married to an american. He eventually had a stroke. He moved to washington with his wife. I have not heard from him for a very long time, but the last we spoke, he had bad difficulties typing. Suddenly there is a post on craigslist for a huge lot of RC. The guy was selling 4 dwa cars, a 1/5 yankee, 1/4 yankee f1 and a bunch of smaller stuff, oh and also a kyosho 1/5 scale (wicked rare!) I fear my friend got really sick or possibly died... :cry:

I contacted the man, but he said that someone was comming to pick it up. After the guy came to pick the stuff up, the other guy emailed me and said he still had the yankee f1. So I purchased that car from him. I told him i really wanted the dwa cars. He said he could try to contact the buyer to get them back. He emailed me and said it was a possibility to buy them back!!! While i was waiting for a friend to let me know if he was interested in any of the cars. I get an email from someone that said they purchased the dwa cars!! We worked out a deal and now they are here. I ended up paying quite a bit more then the listed craigslist price, but heck, its impossible to find DWA cars in the US.

These are very interesting cars. In pictures that i saw, it was hard to tell the quality of these machines. Well, now that i have them in my hands, all i can say is they are built like tanks!!! The shocks are HUGE ( note the pic next to the raco offroad shock ) One is 4WD!!! Very, very cool machines.
Attachments
DSCF2618.jpg
DSCF2619.jpg
DSCF2620.jpg
DSCF2621.jpg
DSCF2622.jpg
DSCF2623.jpg
DSCF2624.jpg
DSCF2625.jpg
DSCF2626.jpg
DSCF2627.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
-TC5racer-

Re: DWA madness!!!!!

Post by -TC5racer- »

Very cool story.... It's amazing that you knew the orignal owner from Holland and those cars traveled across the globe and still after all those years you end up with his collection And we all know they are in good hands. Really cool!!!!

OH yeah that 1/5 Yankee is the one I ended up getting
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, i know. I saw that 1/5 yankee in the original lot pic. Man, if someone would have gotten that whole lot for what he was asking, they would have scored... HUGE TIME!!!! Anyway, we just take what we can get, huh? :D
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I would also like to add that there were 2 gtp bodies listed there as well and the post was deleted. I believe they were the bodies for these cars. If anyone got them, please contact me. Actually, if anyone has any bodies that were offered on these cars, let me know. I would like to put correct shells on them.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

nice shot!
can you give me a pics from the rear of the blue body, it seems to be a Peugeot 205 T16...and it's not listed on my carrosserie.eu site!
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i will put up some more pics by this weekend. That body is freaking wierd, but it shows it as the original in the catalog.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

QSL wrote:i will put up some more pics by this weekend. That body is freaking wierd, but it shows it as the original in the catalog.
you're right , the 205 is a nice car but i never seen a decent RC car of it!
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I just got 2 GTP bodies from Washington state. one is green and yellow i think and the other is white and blue. the white one got cracked during shipping and its fiber glass.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

thats the ones i am looking for. PM sent.
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Mike:

Well done!

I too have DWA madness, 6 bikes, one never run car, a pile of car parts and a couple of bodies
frankkind
Legacy Member

Post by frankkind »

i did have some contact with this guy some time ago,his name is silvere.
he is very hard to understand,because he hat a stroke.
on some dutch forums he is listed in the years 2005,after this date now listing from him
at the forum he tells about he is colecting 1/4 cars.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

so K, just had to come over and rub it in? Did you want to post extra large pics of your perfect ferrari bodies while you are at it?? :lol: :lol: :lol:

Frank that is him. Very nice guy, but yes, after his stroke his typing is poor and hard to understand. Its really scarry, because he was a really great guy. Very nice to talk to and then this happened to him. I fear the worst also now. He used to be a member on here, but that was many years ago.
frankkind
Legacy Member

Post by frankkind »

i know some nice bodies to fit these schassis.
wheelbase 600 mm,the tess are origin dwa
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

QSL wrote:so K, just had to come over and rub it in? Did you want to post extra large pics of your perfect ferrari bodies while you are at it?? :lol: :lol: :lol:
cobs

Post by cobs »

Hi

I just received a DWA, the car has been champion of Europe in 92 with his owner
She has a body of porsche

Here are the pictures

Mike, the ex-owner is the same as your SAVO

Cobs