Raco Stadium truck up-grade

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Raco Stadium truck up-grade

Post by Mike Casey »

looks 100% better. I plan on doing this. After you spoke about it the other day, it got the juices flowing!!!

Great job!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

that looks great...... can you tall me what the hight of the tyre when its pumped up
looks like what i need for my ST
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

That look's ALOT better. I think I'll do the same on mine. Thats one of the things I hated most about the Raco trucks, tires were just not right for the rest of the truck. Good Job.
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

They LOOK GREAT... I used the RC4WD 4.0 tires but I may change to these...

Igg
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

FuNkY mOnK:

can you please take a few close up photos of a front wheel. I need to see how you mounted those on. I have some rims im trying to mount on a raco and I'm having a hard time trying to come up with the best way possible. also, where did you get thte rims?

thanks
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

thank you!!!! see the problem im having is i have a raco GN which I want to turn into GTP car. there is no front hub because it has that big brass screw raco used on there cars. I take it your front hub did not come with your truck. anyway, i will try to figure something out. thanks for your help. I really appreciate it!1!

thanks
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

lovedr, something is wierd with your car. It should be exactly like funkys. Post a pic. I might have what you need to get it back original.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

will do. cool thanks!!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I think the jackrabbit and roadrunner was the only cars that had the front bolt that had the bearings in the front wheels. All the others had the hub like Funky's. I have a challenger , truck ,and a outlaw car and they all have the hubs. I think the spindles are the same you just need to buy hubs, bearings and a bolt. I dont remember the size right off.
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Oh yea, I think those are WCM wheels with the four bolt pattern.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Gents:

here are some pics of what I'm talking about. the front wheels are mounted just like a jack rabbit. currently the car is in pieces. I've included some pics of the wheels I’m planning to put. they have knockoff hubs. the front hubs have a bearing in them with an 1/4” ID. I never had a car with knockoffs so this may sound like a dump question. The bearing seem to just be press fit in the hub. So if I was to mount this to a center drilled front hub, it will only be mounted against the bearing which doesn’t seem to be very reliable. Is this the way its suppose to be? The rear knockoffs are ½” where the shaft on the car is 3/8”. I’m also looking for front and rear bumpers. Any help and I mean any help will be greatly appreciated. Oh, I got these wheels with a Yankee F1 about 3 or 4 years ago.
Attachments
rear knockoffs
rear knockoffs
back of front knockoffs
back of front knockoffs
front knockoffs
front knockoffs
DSCN0928.JPG
DSCN0926.JPG
DSCN0925.JPG
DSCN0922.JPG
DSCN0921.JPG
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I have bumpers if you know which ones you need. The knock offs I'm not sure about. The front bolt for the spindle is kinda big so the 1/4 inch bearings will definetly not work, and like you said the shafts on the rear are just to small. I dont know if anyone made knock offs just for the raco cars.

LMK what bumpers you need.

Are you leaving the blue anodizing on?
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

big maestro:

thank you!!! I need front and rear bumpers with those aluminum supports. I'm not if the GTP cars and GN cars had the same bumpers. I 'll take either ones. your help is greatly appreciated. and yes Im not going to be able to use that front spindle with the big screw. I hope mike C has something for me. for the rear, I can make a bushing. the fronts are my problem