Help Please!!!!

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Help Please!!!!

Post by Lovedr »

Hello:
Last night I installed the front disk brakes on my Yankee F1. while I was setting up the fail safe and adjusting the servos, I noticed that the battery died within 7 to 10 minutes or even less. I’m using a 4 cell NiMH 2700 mah battery. The car has 2 ¼ scale servos, one (Hitec 805) for the rear brakes and one (Tower Pro) for the front brakes, a regular size Hitec servo for the throttle and the Yankee F7 steering servo. Is this normal or is the steering servo bad? What can I do to improve this? Should I use 2 batteries? if so, how should I connect them? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also, would using digital servos help?
Note: I bought the Tower Pro servos from ebay and the description said that these servos are digital and can only be used with FM controller. I’m using a JR PCM transmitter and receiver. Is this a problem?
Thanks
Wael
:twisted: :twisted:
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

also the battery is Brand New
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

First of all post pics of that badboy.
Secondly, you need to use atleast a 5 cell sub C pack and do not run it through the reciever, run the power right to the servo. The turnforce is a battery hog, but works very nice. If you have a BEC reciever and I assume you do... running the servo power through it will kill your reciever.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

what is BEC? I have a JR R330. should I just run the turnforce or all of them to the battery? I am using a sub C battery. its still going to use the same amount of power if I go straight to the battery or not. also, do digital servos use less current? what about using two batteries?
thanks
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

also, I'll post some pics when I'm done!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

BEC (Battery Eliminator Circuitry) Generally reduces the amperage and voltage going to the servos because the board in the reciever cant handle the juice. It strains the servo and reciever in high power applications.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

mike:
would you be kind to answer my other questions please.
thanks
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

sure, one pack should be enough. I would only wire up the turnforce direct to the battery. The best way is to make a connector so you dont cut those wires on the turnforce. I tried to find the direction book I had for that servo.... no luck. :oops:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

dont forget to post a pic of that badboy. Cant wait to see that PRC car too.