Most valuable?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
M.R. Ogle

Most valuable?

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Hmmm... good question.
The most historicaly significant cars are probably different than the most valuable cars. Jeff Schmidt's original sprinters were historically significant, but not something a lot of people want to pay a lot of money for (there was one on the 'Bay a little while back, sold for $850.). I'd personally think that one of the most truly historically important cars would have to be a first generation RACO or WCM Grand National Car, as these would appear to be some of the first quarterscale race-quality cars that were actually produced in any significant numbers.
I have seen some multi-thousand dollar one-off cars, like at the Chicago Hobby show about 12 years ago there was a double-Conley'd rear engine dragster, no kidding... that had to be a $15K car even then. Then there's that red 32 Coupe running around SoCal... I've seen it a bunch of times, can't remember who had it last...
Nowdays, you'd have to value the offroad trucks (QRS, Rick's, New Era, Raco) above the similar-era Sprint and GTP cars just due to the amount of people who want one, and are willing to pay big bucks for one... the current "market value" is hot on those right now.
So, I guess you could get three different answers: 1) The most historically significant, 2) the most expensive cars to build or replicate, or 3) the ones that many people will actually pay top dollar for right now.
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

point well made!!!!!
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Personally, I find the most desireable cars are the ones that have been individually modified or created, such as the twin Conley drag mentioned. I can't wait for Mike to get that empty "Home made jobs" section going. I would love to at least get to see pics of some of those beauties out there. We all know about Rick's stadium, the B&L, the QRS Daytona.....wow, wow, wow, but it's the others that I want to see. There must be dozens? I will take a more realistic and cherished individual artwork over a production product anyday. Of production cars (anymore than 4 in my mind), my choice would have to be the PBS GTP, then maybe QRS or New ERA MT's (not sure which as I have never seen them in the flesh), also the Quickdraw Sprintcar was good. I wish I knew what I wanted!
Who ate all the pies?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

So, I guess you could get three different answers: 1) The most historically significant, 2) the most expensive cars to build or replicate, or 3) the ones that many people will actually pay top dollar for right now.
Your right mike, there is for sure a difference. I guess I was talking about historically significant cars since thats my favorite.
I guess now that I think of it Jerone quarterscale classics fits in all of the catagories!!! :D Although those cars dont excite me that much, they sure were amazing!
Mike, whats your list? You have seen it all for the most part. What was the coolest car you ever saw?
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I'm looking for pics ... if I find the cars I am thinking about, I'll post them.