How to talk your way out of a speeding ticket

General hang out to post about our lives!
K
Legacy Member

How to talk your way out of a speeding ticket

Post by K »

How to talk your way out of a speeding ticket:

A nice little article from The Globe & Mail (Canada's national newspaper):

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/globe-dr ... le2043141/

I particularly enjoyed this reader's comment:

Now my dad would have a story to tell, if he were alive today.

My folks bought two lots in Fort Lauderdale back in the late 60s. They wanted to go see how the land was coming along and so we grabbed my grandfather, and the 7 of us, loaded the trunk of this huge 1958 Crown Imperial, hemi-powered limo, that dad had bought in beautiful condition to restore. Gorgeous tank, with all the options. He could chirp the tires with all of us in at 95 MPH (not KMH). We saw more Corvettes in the rear-view mirror all the way down. My mother wanted to see Boston, so we went down the Atlantic seaboard.

We're on the Boston Turnpike, cruise control set at 110 MPH, speed limit was 60 MPH. Who comes alongside, at 7:30 AM, but a Mass. State Trooper in an Official Dodge hemi-Charger waving for us to get off the turnpike, in a panic!
Dad lifts his hand up, off the wheel, and mutters, what the fuss is "Does he want to race?" (Dad loved racing). Turns out we were heading into a segregated zone.

So the Trooper says, after we had pulled off the turnpike and under the return cloverleaf... "What's under your hood?" Dad just grinned and popped it. He had modified it with the original Chrysler Hemi dual-four barrel, and solid lifter heads from a 300-D Hemi - 400 HP, 6 MPG (on a good day). The car weighed 5,875 pounds with a full 25 gallon tank, and no passengers. "Want give her a run?, he says. "Sure!" says the trooper. They left us in a coffee shop for breakfast, and my dad came back proud as a peacock. He lost to the best Hemi, Dodge ever made, not a Tupperware Chevy!

He bought the trooper his breakfast, and we stopped at his home on our return trip, where we had dinner and tall tales of hemi cop races!

Fun times.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: How to talk your way out of a speeding ticket

Post by PTModIT »

I remember one incident where the family was packed in the car, a 64 Barracuda heading down Weston Rd. My dad driving and speeding when we were about to pulled over when my dad flashed some kind of hand jesture and the cop waved us through.His brother was a cop in Hamilton and guess he told some cop secret hand code. I believe it happened one other time after that.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: How to talk your way out of a speeding ticket

Post by PTModIT »

loved that car.I had big plans for it But not having my licence yet. My dad sold it.It was red with red interior.It was a automatic with the floor shifter not the push button . It had a 272 2 barrel .It wasn't the S model with the 4 barrel.I loved that huge rear glass window.