WOW! AND AGAIN WOW!

If you have an RC that is not 1/4 Scale you can still post here for full range discussion on all types.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

WOW! AND AGAIN WOW!

Post by Domb1972 »

I know this is a quarter Scale web site but I think we all started out in 1/10th and so on I just had to post this score I got today!!! The wife and I was out today and over in Sunnyvale and seen this Yard Sale so as my wife puts it being thrifty I just had to stop . Anyway they guy had boxes and boxes of RC stuff I bought everything for $300.00 bucks !!!

I got a Tamiya Porsche 959 (1980's)
Tamiya Brusier (80's)
Kyosho Optima (80's)
TONS AND TONS OF NEW UNOPENED Kyosho,TA, etc... Parts

AND HERE IS THE KICKER I got a Team Associeated RC500 new in the box WITH yes WITH the 4wd conversion IN THE BOX and a new TA Maserattie body !!!!!!!!!!!!! This is like SUPER RARE NON EXSISTING in this condition :D :D :D :D :D :D He had a RACO Modified sold it to a lady for 50 bucks and yes its complete I seen it he said she had to talk to her son but if she dont come pick it up tomorrow its mine !!!! Fingers crossed its got everything plus he has a skellenger rear end I tried to get him to sell me the sgellenger but he said it was in the parts box for the raco but if she did not come back its mine I did find the paper work to the rear end in one of the boxes man I hope that ladies son thinks its to old and dont want it !!!! Anyway I just had to share my score the car pictured below is worth about 3500.00 with the new body and 4wd conversion. I felt quilty counting out the cash but I asked him what he wanted for everything and he said 300.00 and I did not try to get him down LOL LOL

Just taking a break right now from going thru all this stuff its like christmas around here lol I figure I am looking at 6-7000 on feebay not a bad investment at all, better then my 401K LOL

By the way my raco gn car did not sell so keeping it :D :D :D

If I get that Raco Modified and rear end I will post pics tomorrow :D :D :D

Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: WOW! AND AGAIN WOW!

Post by Mike Casey »

that is such a sweeeeeeet score. Dang, you should have told them to give the buyer your number and you could have sweetened the pot for the kid.

We never stop at those, but when we drive by, we go slow looking for that bucket of skellengers. :) LOL
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
luv2flyrc

Post by luv2flyrc »

Awesome score! This is proof that there are still great deals out there.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

These guys would be REALLY interested in your find:

http://www.rc10talk.com/

Post this over there, they're fanatics for the old collectable stuff, especially Associated and Tamiya.
Domb1972
1/4 scale guru

Post by Domb1972 »

Thanks Yall

Well the guy had stuff to do today said he would call me back tomorrow so hoping the lady flaked :D I listed it all on feebay gonna get my boat fixed and pick up a 1/4 scale sprint car :D :D :D :D