Dragster wheelbase queston

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
StangRey

Dragster wheelbase queston

Post by StangRey »

Hello all. We are done with our rc drag race season here in the midwest and I'm thinking about building a rear or maybe front engine dragster over the winter months. At this point I have not decided weather to make it a tube chassis or a pan type chassis like the pro-stock and altered I built for this past racing season. I want to be able to transport it to and from the track in my mini van.....oh I mean my race transport vehicle. I don't want it to be a two piece chassis so I want to shorten the wheelbase. A good freind and fellow racer "Hank" and I talked about this and thought that 50 inches might be good. What do youo guy's think? Any thoughts or suggustions would be appreciated. Keep in mind this dragster will see competition.
By the way I have bunch of vids of our racing this past summer that I will post soon.......just need to remember how to do it.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: Dragster wheelbase queston

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, I'm in the process of building one. Mine is 8' 3" from the front of the frame to the back of the wing.With the body off.I have a Grand Caravan Mini van and it fits no problem.My frame is one piece.The only part I have to remove is the wheelie bar.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

I have pics in the Custom large scale section.
StangRey

Post by StangRey »

Thanks PT for your input. I have a Town & Country so its the same as yours. Can you measure your actual wheelbase and let me know what it is. I forgot to mention that I'm leaning toward a shorter wheelbase so that it can be easily turned around at the end of a pass.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

Hi , The wheelbase is 1/4 scale of 300" or 25' .......6 1/4'. Can I mention another website that deals more with 1/4 scale dragsters and such. www.rcburnout.com. Oh well .I did it anyways.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

I see your a member there to.