new hobby! Loving this one.

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: new hobby! Loving this one.

Post by Mike Casey »

just scored a smith and wesson 50 cal magnum. Should have in another week. We also scored a sweet pair of 44 mags. Only 100 made and we got serial numbers 19 and 20
Attachments
P1070699.JPG
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i really think i am a revolver guy. I also have the trr8 that has 8 rounds of 357 that you can load into moon clips and its a lightweight alloy frame with rails on the top and bottom. One more month i am picking up my Jerry 45 acp revolver. Pretty excited about that one too. Oh yea, I did score an automatic. its the cz sp01 in 9mm. Thats going to be my cheapie to shoot because ammo is soooo cheap to get. i did not like that 92fs, i ended up giving that to alyssa. Yea, i am going a bit over board. But really? can you ever have toooooooo many guns??? LOL!!!

later
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

next weekend we are going in on a big load we are starting to run low on the basics as we have been shooting a lot. That is also the downside to having so many calibers. So far we need to stock up on

CCI .22 Mini mags
.22 bulk
.32 H&R mag
38 special
357 magnum
9mm
44 magnum
45Acp
50ae
500 magnum

It really is amazing how fast you burn through this stuff. We have been going out once-twice a week. Sometimes i bring 4 handguns myself plus each of my family brings atleast one if not two of theirs. We are going to start trying to focus on one gun each though and get real good with that one and maybe only bring one more for fun. My plan is to shoot the cz 9mm as my main gun. I really think the springfield 45 shoots awesome, but that ammo can add up fast. I know we could reload, but i am just not ready for that yet. It seems like a whole other hobby. BUT if i want to shoot that s&w 500 i may have too. Those rounds can be more then $4 each.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Here is a 9mm shell from a few weeks ago. Alyssa was shooting and on this round there was a pop, slide did not open and her right hand had powder all over it. She raised her hand and i came over. I droped the mag and found the slide was jamed, but i finally broke it loose and this is what fell out.

This was factory reload. I inspected the gun and broke it down, it seemed fine. I threw in the mag and squeezed the rest off without a hitch. She reloaded and had no more problems.

Ever seen anything like that?

I think the shell was weak and this was in a beretta. The barrell of the gun has a small relief near the extractor. I am thinking the weak part of the shell must have been right there and when it went off, it blew out right there? wierd...
Attachments
P1070677.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

got my S&W 500 the other day. Very cool!!! Its a 50 caliber revolver that is the most powerful production hand gun in the world. It will take down a elephant!!!

There is another shot next to one of my 44 magnums!!!
Attachments
P1070738.JPG
P1070739.JPG
iggmon72
1/4 scale guru

Post by iggmon72 »

NICE!!! I see as the collection grows so does the SAFE.... :wink:

Igg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

2 more that i got today... well, paid for anyway. I dont get to pick them up for ten days....
Attachments
357.JPG
44.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

:shock: 8) I like all the calibers. 357 is probably my favorite so far. I got a nice cz 9mm a few weeks back that shoots nice... But I really love how modern revolvers feel and look. That's why I have been buying so many.

Julie actually broke her thumb shooting the 50 cal with a hot load. That one I would say is crossing the line of recoil. It's neat, interesting, but really not that much fun to shoot and now we can't for four more weeks when she can remove the splint... :oops:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Steves new FAVORITE gun... :)
Attachments
STEVE AK2.JPG
STEVE AK.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

kids squeezing some off!
Attachments
KIDS.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I know i have not been around much, but i we have been just having too much fun over here!!!

Here is our new addition, its a full custom 1911 from kings gun works. They were a very famous 1911 gun smith. This was made about 15 years ago and was a display they used to showcase what they were capable of. It is soooooooo light and the trigger pull is amazing. Look at the milling work on the original colt slide.... I am in love!!!

photos are next to my springfield operation production model.
Attachments
P1080549.JPG
P1080551.JPG
P1080552.JPG
P1080554.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

gun buying has slowed down with the cobra project, but we have been out shooting and really love to do it when ever we can. Summer will be nice because the range will be open longer and the weather will be much nicer...

I honestly cant believe how many of these we have purchased over the last year. I am also amazed at how much more comfortable we are handling them. Over a year ago, i could not even imagine having guns laying around the house, but now its just "normal" Although, i think the maid really thinks its wierd and may freak her out a bit... :) LOL.
Attachments
guns.JPG
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

We do have the new stock for it. He wants to give it a try next time, we are going to change it out this cleaning. He is a little guy but is starting to grow.

His shooting is actually very good. But i do know all of us can use some coaching. Alyssa is shooting a walther. We picked it up for her at christmas but everyone thinks its a real piece of crap. Bad trigger and not very accurate. She shoots the 40cal sig MUCH better. Or anything else for that matter. Julie has a .22 mesquito and that gun really shoots pretty good, especially for the price.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I have seen those. We dont have one will need to look closer at them. We have the smith and wesson 22 shoots good but kinda cheap. Steve also has the ruger 22 pistol and that shoots nice, just a pain to clean.

I am amazed how good that little rifle shoots. When you take it apart there is nothing to it. VERY basic design. But works.

Christmas was awesome. Julies left winger sister was here. We opened 6 guns as presents in front of her. It was a real hoot!

Needless to say, you dont need a holiday to get a gun :) Although we made a deal with steve that if his report card came back awesome we would go out and score him a circuit judge. I know, goofy gun, but kinda cool as hell. He wants the polished stainless one.
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

I need a lavendar lady in .32, but I can't find one. Stupid California laws.