RICK'S R/C Brochure.....

Post manuals or original literature here
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

RICK'S R/C Brochure.....

Post by bobjeffreson »

Managed to get hold of this RICK's R/C brochure this last weekend from an Aussie 1/4 scaler that has been out of the hobby for 18 years or so!

M.R. Ogle

Re: RICK'S R/C Brochure.....

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I designed that brochure for Rick.
rick's r/c
Legacy Member

Post by rick's r/c »

Bob, Thanks for bringing back some good memories. That was a great time.
More to come...

Hi Mike, It's good to hear from you again. BTW, thanks for the great work on the brochure!

Best, Rick
speedy
1/4 scale guru

Post by speedy »

omg! i have a full set of four of the truck ties on the bottom right the 8 inch... did not know that was yours Rick wow ..ill hold on to them for sure ..there like new and wrapped
rick's r/c
Legacy Member

Post by rick's r/c »

Hi Speedy,

Yea, those are my tires. Glad to hear that you have a complete set. I sold quite a few of those and as you can imagine, most of my customers "used" them to race with so there aren't a lot of them left out there. I think that I only have two complete sets left myself. I'm holding on to mine too :-). The company that produced them for me doesn't exist anymore so they're impossible to replace, at least from them.

Good to hear from everyone, Rick
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Good stuff Dan.
My material came from Mark Davis. I stayed with Mark and Marianne Davis last weekend, while in QLD for the Aussie Q Scale Sprintcar Titles.The material originally came from Richard Anderson, who was hugely into Q Scale, in Queensland, over 20 years ago. He was the 1994 Australian 1/4 Scale Sprintcar Champion!
Mark brought Richard along to the track on Saturday and I managed to sit down with him for about 45 minutes and listen to the tales of Q Scale from back in the day.....including buying and sourcing goods from the 'States, before the internet! One needed to be ultra keen to get that to happen. Hey... it seemed like shipping to Australia was easy back then.... :wink:
Richard said he owned many cars and was mentioning names New Era, Delara, WCM, Pheonix, and many more, including a couple of Conley's. At this stage my brain was starting to hurt!!!! He eventually sold the lot and they are all floating around Australia somewhere, waiting to be rediscovered.
I was also given some material on Delara that will go up at some stage soon.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Nice Bob, thanks for providing the info. Al