1/10 Scale Pro Mod HEMI '40 Willys

If you have an RC that is not 1/4 Scale you can still post here for full range discussion on all types.
c103110
1/4 scale guru

1/10 Scale Pro Mod HEMI '40 Willys

Post by c103110 »

I scratch built the frame, suspension, mounts, wheels and tires. The frame is chrome- plated, silver-soldered brass tubing. Adjustable PRO MOD Wing. The only thing that was purchased is the body itself and the PARMA HEMI. Custom Body Stand and mirror display with lucit risers.
Thanks for looking.
-CLC
Attachments
Pro Mod1 006.jpg
Pro Mod1 006.jpg (155.32 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Pro Mod1 004.jpg
Pro Mod1 004.jpg (162.33 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Pro Mod1 003.jpg
Pro Mod1 003.jpg (140.32 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Pro Mod1 005.jpg
Pro Mod1 005.jpg (142.06 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
Pro Mod1 002.jpg
Pro Mod1 002.jpg (124.85 KiB) Viewed 9139 times
M.R. Ogle

1:10 Altered

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Me, too!,

M.R. Ogle

Re: 1/10 Scale Pro Mod HEMI '40 Willys

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Couple more pics.
It's just got a mild 19-turn motor in it, so it'll run about 2.75 seconds in the 132-foot scale quarter mile, not that fast, but makes a good bracket car.

M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

It's a regular 19-turn 05 RC car motor, and a 1100 mah 2-cell Lipo pack. it's all under the body.
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

WOW nice work both of you. Mike, did you make that chassis or buy it. If you made it, whats it made with
Please take more pics of the chassis and electric motor set-up.

Thanks
bryant
Q/S FUNNY CAR
EASTEX EXPRESS
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Okay, here's what it is:

The chassis is one of my DragSpec kits narrowed a little at the front, a black G10 flat plate chassis. I added the red "tubes" to the sides of the flat chassis plate, but they're plastic, not structural.

The roll cage is bent up 1/8" K&S brass tubing, soldered up and sprayed rustoleum red. It's only attached to the body/interior panels, not the chassis.

The driver figure is world-famous, LOL!!! This is the same driver figure that was in the cover box art shot of the original Team Associated TC3 Touring car, but with his helmet modified and old-time fire mask added.

The steering servo is tucked in between the receiver and right behind the Parma Hemi, with a rod running up to a bellcrank at the front steering. The front suspension is from a Tamiya 1:14 scale Tamtech FI car.

The ESC (now changed to an LRP) is all the way at the rear of the car on the top plate, and I used a small two-cell Apogee Lipo pack (7.4 volts) to power it.

The rear tires are regular TM Nitro car foams, with a 5-spoke touring car wheel turned down to fit snugly inside the TM outer rim. Front wheels and tires are old Lazer-Lite aluminum parts.

The body is a McAllister Racing dirt oval body (#240) with the fenders removed.
http://www.mcallisterracing.com/racing/page7.html
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Thanks Mike, That is a cool ride. In a few days I'll post pics of my Q/S funny car, I thank
you will like it. It's does not have a nostalgic body, but the driver is. It's a 93' New Era
I'm working on the paint and stickers.
Q/S FUNNY CAR
EASTEX EXPRESS
vectrex
Legacy Member

Post by vectrex »

@c103110: that looks SWEEEEEEEET ! :lol:
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Te upper frame rails are attached in three places, the very front with an "x" brace, with an upright section, and to the underside of the cylinder heads of the motor. But they're not structural pieces.
Nightowl

Post by Nightowl »

Thats nice looking. congrats on a great looking car. I'll bet there are some hours into that. 8)