1/4 Scale dragster in the Attic.

This is your place to post stories related to 1/4 scale. These could be experiences, historical stories or inside scoop of the old manufacturers!!
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

1/4 Scale dragster in the Attic.

Post by PaulSongas »

What happened last night.

So, a good buddy of mine named Chris has a friend that did some drinking and driving and appears to be headed for an extended stay in the clink. So yesterday Chris calls me and says this guy is bringing him some RC Drag Racing stuff to have (free) and wanted me to come check out what all he has. So I get there, and he has a box with some cars and some parts. There is a very old Bolink funny car, a Lockmann funny car with a Protoform Stealth body (early 90's) and a home made pan car. So I'm looking it all over and thinking it would not take much to get going.

All of a sudden the guy going to jail says-- " Hey.. you know what?? I have a 1/4 scale dragster I stuffed in the garage attic after it quit running 15 years ago, I forgot all about it."

:shock: He didn't know many details about the car, he said all he remembers was that he was told the engine was a lot of money to replace and he just put it in the attic for another day and forgot all about.

So.. He said IF he had time before he went away (end of this week court date) he would drag it out and let Chris or I know .

My mind has been turning ever since. I told Chris to stay on him and hopefully we get to at least look at it and see what he has.
NHRA # P582
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: 1/4 Scale dragster in the Attic.

Post by Mike Casey »

:)

thats how the best ones happen!!! LOL!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Dammittt!!!

Paul snatches one from a fire and one from an attic! What luck!

(Could you see if there might be an old Fender Stratocaster up there while he's rummaging around in the attic? Ya never know!)
Tom The Printer

Post by Tom The Printer »

Ifg there was a Strat in the attic the neck would be warp by now
Tom The Printer
anymore5678

Post by anymore5678 »

is good webpageGoldenslot