1/4 scale funnycar project

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Re: 1/4 scale funnycar project

Post by mad62 »

hi guys,
the 75 cc solo motor arrived today,striped it down ready for the car and was suprised to see the bottom half of the crank housing is plastic,have you other guys seen this with the solo engines before,perhaps the later model engines are made this way? the engine is alot lighter than my other engines,i will get a pic tomorrow,
mike
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi guys,
heres a pic of the 75cc engine sitting in the chassis,need to work on the drive for the car,as my tyres are on there way from brp,
Attachments
DSC02834.JPG
DSC02832.JPG
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

looking good mate
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

Hi Guys,
its been ages since ive been on,but have been able to do some more on the funny car,got the rear axel and rims made,the centers of the rims are quick mock ups so i could start working on the diff housing,it will be interesting to see how well it runs,im using a grinder head gear which ive machined down to create a ring gear,i still have to machine the spur gear shaft and attach the hosing for this to the diff housing,its pretty solid so it should handle the 75+ hp im going to throw at it, lol.
I still have to machine up the front rims,drive shaft and clutch cover,
heres afew pics

cheers mike
Attachments
DSC02916.JPG
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

heres the axel/diff housing pic
Attachments
DSC02920.JPG
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

heres a pic of the chassis with my other spare body,the front rims are test rims off my rail chassis,but worked for the pic to see how the body will sit on the chassis,once cleared this body will be good for testing the car once its ready for its first run,
mike
Attachments
DSC02930.JPG
DSC02932.JPG
Annihilator

Post by Annihilator »

looks good mad, i been using solo engines for a long time and yes ive seen them with plastic cases before. the plastic case doesnt hurt the motor in the running department. solo makes a meen motor and usually very reliable. I take those motors with the plastic crank cases and make billet aluminum crank cases to replace the plastic one. i end up getting a little more hp and definately more compression.
BOOSTED-ELKY

Post by BOOSTED-ELKY »

WOW!!!

Keep up the great work!
julianconde

Post by julianconde »

mad62 wrote:hi uys,
got time to get the clear coat on the body today,a few small sponsor graphics to go on the rear wing and back quarter panels,other wise just about completed the body,can put the windows in now,

Are these funny car bodies still available. I would like to get one maybe 2 ;-)

Julian
2x IMPBA World Record Holder
2x IMPBA Winternationals Champion
Builder of the Speedmaster Mono and STV.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

That thing looks mean as hell
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Bigblock

Post by Bigblock »

Awsome :shock:
julianconde

Post by julianconde »

mad62 wrote:heres a pic of the chassis with my other spare body,the front rims are test rims off my rail chassis,but worked for the pic to see how the body will sit on the chassis,once cleared this body will be good for testing the car once its ready for its first run,
mike
Mad62 where are you ?? whats the status on the progress of your project also i would like a funny car body as well..
Julian
2x IMPBA World Record Holder
2x IMPBA Winternationals Champion
Builder of the Speedmaster Mono and STV.
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

julianconde wrote:
mad62 wrote:heres a pic of the chassis with my other spare body,the front rims are test rims off my rail chassis,but worked for the pic to see how the body will sit on the chassis,once cleared this body will be good for testing the car once its ready for its first run,
mike
Mad62 where are you ?? whats the status on the progress of your project also i would like a funny car body as well..
Julian
hi guys.sorry been away a lot with work and havnt had a lot of time to work on my projects,i still have my molds etc for my cars,the freight might be the issue as I live in new Zealand,in the past with other kits I used to make I would get several guys together to get a order ,sending several bodies in one box works out cheaper as we get hit on the diamensions more than the weight issue,then the guys would split the freight ,