Jay Cs Fleet.

Post your 1/4 Scale boats and projects here!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Jay Cs Fleet.

Post by Jay C »

Rightio members here a few videos of my an ongoing project im playing with. This is a 3 point hydro plane rigger. running a self modded 29.5cc Zenoah with a quickdraw pipe and a modded 1048 carb. was trying a few different propellers but this worked the best on the day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4mGHzbu5Mig
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Re: Jay Cs Fleet.

Post by Jay C »

Hers is my 40 inch vee bottom mono I own the molds to these hulls. Again another self modded 28.5 Zenoah with a bill Pendleton pipe and 257 carb

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2uCtF-mf0vA
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

heres the link to my youtube page therer more videos there

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCCwFj4 ... hUjeywRfgw

But this ladies and gentleman this is my fastest boat at the moment. Its the 3 point single cylinder rigger with a fast prop. Ive no got 3 other propeller coming to try on it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IzLu8BKcFZ4

Ive also just purchased an on board data logger to really see what the boats are doing
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Thanks for posting. Great boats! Would love to see the rigger with a camera on it.
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Ok guys and girls. Heres part of my nitro fleet. The green tunnel is a thunder tiger bandit with an OS 3.5cc mounted to it. Its about 70% finished. The yelloe tunnel hull is a jordan marine with a brand new K&B 7.5CC. THE grey boat is of an unknown manufacturer. Was yold it was a dumas but i know its not. Its got a K&B 11cc on it. The largest is my own design of tunnel boat. Its currently got the arian geared drive on it. Like i said this only about 25% of the boats i currently own. If youd like to see more then all you need to do os comment. Happy tp answer questions of you have any cheers Jay
Attachments
IMAG1313.jpg
IMAG1318.jpg
IMAG1329.jpg
IMAG1334.jpg
IMAG1335.jpg
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Good to see that boat guys are as obsessed as car guys. Great boats Jay!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

CALracing wrote:Good to see that boat guys are as obsessed as car guys. Great boats Jay!
You think that's obsessed you should see my gas boat collection. everything from a 45 inch rampage from your side of the Pond (RIP Mike Cantavespri) to monos, sport hydros, A K600 Hybrid RCMK twin inline in a rigger with Zenoah tops and CC pipes. to a 63 inch catamaran from Germany with 2 x 26 cc counter rotating engines, with digital ignitions quick draw pipes, MTI drives and MTI rudder. Add these to my sprint car that Im in the middle of doing a new top wing for and gathering the parts for the 55 chev. Im also interested in getting a Yankee F1 car to paint up in the same Livery as Ayrton Sennas MP4/4.

Whos interested in some more photos??????
QAman
1/4 scale guru

Post by QAman »

Gotta love the tunnels. Been out of the radio control boat scean for a while. I got a Zippkits hydro i built that still needs paint and rigged and a tunnel that is still in the box. I need to get these thing going, but all the big ponds have dried up do to drought over the last couple of years. I miss the fun. Roger.
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Roger Didn't a great man Once say Build it and they will come??? Build the boats and Its garaunteed to rain because you want to go and use them. The boat guys are unreal. Nothing but helpful. I dunked a boat and destroyed it not that long ago, A fella walks up and says to me "heres my boat I cant win in my class so throw your engine and pipe in it and go see if you can take out the final" I was blown away and took the offer. I lunched an engine after swallowing some water off the start and bent a rod. But was greatful for the opportunity.

Ive now got my boat builder who builds my riggers, building me a twin nitro rigger. Will be running twin CMB 101RS exhaust throttle rear exhaust motors and accuteck hardware.

Put it this way my fleet is that big Im building a shed In my backyard thats got a foot print of 63 square meters. and 3.5 meters high

Anyone want more photos???
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

yes, keep the pics coming. love the boats!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

my new twin inline rigger RCMK/Zenoah engine with CC pipes. still very early on the tuning and set up but should run in the mid 80mph range. Takes a bit to get it there but it will be worth I tin the end.
Attachments
20141110_173740.jpg
20141110_173725.jpg
20141110_173708.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

wow, very nice collection there. Do you plan on your car collection to be that big too? LOL.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

Hey mike the car collection will grow with time. Now Im in the new house Im building a toy shop in the back yard to house my 2 fullsize boats, my road bikes, My little boats and the car collection. Ill throw a pin ball machine, fridge and flat screen in there to so Ill never have to be in the house again. Should keep the wife happy for a while. :mrgreen:
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

sounds like you have your hobbies spread out. Thats good. Doing too much of one thing can be consuming and not that good for you. I found that out a few years back. Life has been so much better with variety.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Jay C
1/4 scale guru

Post by Jay C »

I don't like being tied down doing the 1 thing Im not one to put all my eggs in basket. Riding the bike is a killer way to relax after a big week at work.

Anyway heres a photo of the 2 counter rotating engines going into the 63 inch cat that im the building.

Might be time to up load some more photos. Ill download them and get them up here shortly
Attachments
Counter rotating quick draws.jpg