Terrible news. A good friend has passed...

This is a place for me to tell you what is going down.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Terrible news. A good friend has passed...

Post by Mike Casey »

I received some terrible news this morning, after battling cancer for the past 5 months, Dino passed at 1:21AM today. Many of you may not know who Dino was, but he was a great man and friend. He was the top Driver for Raco back in the day and was then recruited by PRC to race for Lance Love. He was unstoppable at the time! He eventually married one of Lances daughters and was still involved in RC racing until recently. He left his son and wife behind and we hope that he can now rest in peace. He will be missed. :(
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: Terrible news. A good friend has passed...

Post by Mike Casey »

Just a testament of how great this man was....
Attachments
P1020467.jpg
P1020468.jpg
P1020466.jpg
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Mike
Thank you for the info. he will truly be missed in both life and the sport. I wish his family well. Al
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Cant stop thinking of Dino and having a hard time sleeping. Was looking through some old photos and thought I would share this one.

Dino was not only a great racer but was a great promoter of RC racing. This is a car we put together one year for charity. He was able to get a lot of manufactures to donate parts to build this car. It was setup and tuned by the legends lance and dino themselves, so you know it was good :) Raffle tickets were sold and all the proceeds went to charity. This was a really fun day for me that will stick in my memories forever.

From left to right, Lance love, Matt (another one of lances son in laws), Dino, myself
Attachments
DSCF1841.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Sorry Mike and to Dino's family. R.I.P. Dino. I was having a conversation yesterday via ebay with a gentleman who now builds tether cars, he's 71 years old but was heavy into 1/4 scales back in the day and in the conversation the nationals came up and I think Lance's name and Conley were mentioned, the gentleman was second in the world class, I have to go back and see?