PROJECT PRO STOCK

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
bigpetie

PROJECT PRO STOCK

Post by bigpetie »

I need all the help and info i can get on doing this ...how to mount servos..steering linkage..fuel tank ect ..if u all don't mind thanka !
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Re: PROJECT PRO STOCK

Post by PTModIT »

Hi, The best thing to do is research this particular car. Look at how the parts are installed. Google your make of car and study the pictures. It looks like one 1/4 scale servo for the steering. Some chassis will use a 1/4 scale servo for the throttle and brake. Some use a standard size servo. Study pics for fuel tank mount. Do you have all the parts? (Side impact ,Bumpers ,Engine.)
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

You'll hard pressed to find a pic of that car with any details. Thats a very old new era or thunderbolt. PT is right a 1/4 scale servo goes up front for steering. The only problem using a 1/4 scale servo for steering is the servo saver becomes the "weak link". No matter the torque of the servo the saver itself will spring and you wont have much steering. But for a prostock you should be okay. It also uses a 1/4 scale servo for the throttle. You can make an adapter plate to use a small servo if you want. You dont have to have a big servo for the throttle and brake. Do you have the clutch bell and housing?
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

There are members project here that have pictures posted. WCM cars have pretty much the same setups between older and newer cars. I have seen pics of your chassis posted but the pics are not that great.
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

I have a lightning I can take some pics for you tomorrow. It is set up similar.
bigpetie

Post by bigpetie »

thanks guys..pics would be helpful....i have bumpers & gas tank need everything else ...
PTModIT
1/4 scale guru

Post by PTModIT »

It's going to be hard to find close ups. Here's some. Use a magnifying glass. lol. http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... =18&t=1785
bigpetie

Post by bigpetie »

thanks a lot
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

My camera was broke on my phone. I got a new one today so I will take some pics tonight for you.
bigpetie

Post by bigpetie »

big maestro wrote:My camera was broke on my phone. I got a new one today so I will take some pics tonight for you.
ok thanks
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

This is the best i can do at the moment. This is basically the same thing you need just the location of the servo is different. Well its telling me the photobis to big. I dont know how to resize it with my phone. I'll try to shoot you an email.
bigpetie

Post by bigpetie »

Riccardit

Homemade 1/4 scale pro stock

Post by Riccardit »

Hello everyone I'm a new user and I was busy in assembling a 1/4 model. It's a pro stock drag car that I started 2 months ago that I'm finishing. I'm working on bodywork, chassis, tires and I already have the servos and suspensions, front and rear. I do not have the engine and I had the idea to use a CY 22.5 cc of an Italian 1: 5 car, but it is low power and the chassis is quite heavy. I wanted to know what engine to mount to bring it at least 90/95/100 kmh and where to buy it, I'm not American, I live in Europe and for me it can be complicated to buy in America. Preferably I would need a modeling engine that does not exceed at least 300
€ / $.
thank you.