The RC10

If you have an RC that is not 1/4 Scale you can still post here for full range discussion on all types.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

The RC10

Post by bobjeffreson »

This was the car that put me on the path to RC racing 25 years ago......the RC10. They were superb race cars.
That path eventually led me to 1/4 scale sprintcars in 1998.

http://www.rcgawker.com/2009/07/in-the- ... ospective/
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: The RC10

Post by Mike Casey »

those are some sweet old school videos. I remember when the RC10 came out. It changed the hobby forever. Truely a milestone. Mike Ogle has the holy grail of RC10's hiding in his closet. :wink:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Dang.

Now I have to move it to another location.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mike O,
MC has thrown out the teaser, you've bitten and the rest of us are all hangin'.
Help us out man, before it goes...... under the bed!!... :wink:
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Alright... kinda long story....

When I worked at Associated (1996-2005) there was a growing interest in the old, first-generation Gold tub/white plastic parts RC10's from collectors. Those white parts were getting valuable and scarce, and we repeatedly scoured the warehouse for remaining pieces.

When one of the 20-year plus employees retired, he had a box of old parts in his garage which he brought back to work.... amazingly, there were enough first-generation parts to put together a perfect, new-old-stock vintage RC10.. .even found a new set of the optional chromed 3-spoke wheels.

I also found a body in the show boxes that was used in the Associated "Top Ten reasons why Associated's best" ad. I had actually painted this body (freelance) for AE years before I went to work for them. It's the red, white and blue one, stars and stripes. There was a matching 10T truck, too... but I have no idea where THAT body is.

So I have this 100% new vintage parts RC10 Gold Tub, with the body seen in the ads. It's not as precious as , say... Masami Hirosaka or Halsey's Worlds-winning cars, or one of the original hand-made prototypes that Roger was showing, but it's a mint example of a classis production RC10. It's one of my momentos from my years there working with Roger, Gene, Cliff, and Mike.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Thanks Mike,
Now that was a real good long story.
My last RC10...circa 1990... done as a sprintcar, sits on a shelf in my garage exactly as it was taken off the track in it's last race meet, August 1996.
KnoxMotorsports

Post by KnoxMotorsports »

Whats a new one in the box worth??????
Toe 2 Square alingment system
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

These are some of the American manufacturers that Australian racers sourced parts from back in the mid 1980s, to turn our RC10s in sprintcars.