where have all the yankees gone?

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Andy

where have all the yankees gone?

Post by Andy »

One thing that I am curious about is that about six or seven months ago on ebay europe why did the numbers of yankee 1/4 cars for sale drop rapidly. Now you might see one ore two fore sale but most of the time they stay on for one or two days and then they are withdrawn. For an example it was a porsche fore sale in France the other week. It was put up one morning, with a total of seven days before reaching its final date.I e- mailed the guy and asked for more pics= no answer, and that evening the ad was cancelled.
Any idea where they have gone? Or are they being advertised somewhere else?
Andy
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: where have all the yankees gone?

Post by Mike Casey »

I suspect its like over here. First of all, EBAY is RAPING people to death with fees. Then they block you from being able to see who you are bidding against so you dont know if its a real person or someone bidding up their own stuff. Secondly there is a guy in germany buying EVERYTHING!! I am sure he probably got the stuff.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
eightman
Legacy Member

Re: where have all the yankees gone?

Post by eightman »

QSL wrote:I suspect its like over here. First of all, EBAY is RAPING people to death with fees. Then they block you from being able to see who you are bidding against so you dont know if its a real person or someone bidding up their own stuff. Secondly there is a guy in germany buying EVERYTHING!! I am sure he probably got the stuff.
i can tell 2 things:
german are active on ebay for selling (buying) yankee 1/4 cars, in Germany we can find really nice models.
here in France we have races for these cars (maybe 30 pilots driving and it grow) so we are all looking carefully ebay and others add systems!
prices are growing too! 100-300€ 2 years ago, today 400-1000!
Stef
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies