Aluminum fuel cell/ gas tank

Looking for a hard to find part? Ask here, you never know!!
Chriszilla

Aluminum fuel cell/ gas tank

Post by Chriszilla »

This is more of a general question but still something I am looking for. Either a square fuel cell or small tank, in aluminum. I've been scouring eBay and haven't had much luck except for a 3x6" tank which I will use if needed, I was just hoping for a little smaller. Or a rectangular/ square style tank. I have the means to add a fuel cap and lines but am still interested in available options. I really wish I could tig aluminum but my abilities are limited in that area. Anybody know of anything or have any input? Thanks!
dontgothere

Re: Aluminum fuel cell/ gas tank

Post by dontgothere »

hi chris, look this up on e bay in radio control line, this guy builds alum wings etc.. he probably will make a tank to your specs. has a phone # on his page. how did you make out with rear end ? thanks mike

1/4 Scale Custom Polished Aluminum Wing
678-670-7096 is his #
Chriszilla

Post by Chriszilla »

That's a good idea, I'll get in touch with him. The rear end worked great, made a couple tweaks here and there and it looks pretty sharp I just need to finish up a couple things with that. There's some photos in the "projects in progress" section under QRS stadium truck.
vannsmith

Post by vannsmith »

I cam build a custom fuel cell. Email me and ill show you what I have built. Vannsmith1957@gmail.com
Vann Smith
Gadsden, Al
vannsmith

Post by vannsmith »

vannsmith wrote:I can build a custom fuel cell. Email me and ill show you what I have built. Vannsmith1957@gmail.com
Vann Smith
Gadsden, Al
Chriszilla

Post by Chriszilla »

Great I'll shoot you an email this evening. I put the project on the back burner while working on some scale Helis but I should get back to it.