In need of cheep 1/4 scale engine between 25cc and 45cc

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
DirtbikeRider

In need of cheep 1/4 scale engine between 25cc and 45cc

Post by DirtbikeRider »

Hello! I am looking for an engine. Hopefully semi cheep... Like below $500. Im building my first quarter scale topfuel dragster. And first things first... I need an engine. I am looking for suggestions for what to use that i could buy online or from a user. Needs to be shipable. I am also looking for dimensions, rear ends, bodys, ANYTHING. If anyone has ANY suggestions for anything ill listen. Also i was wondering if you can use a plain engine for a dragster. Or if you can convert it to work with the rear end and how i would go about that. Any pictures, links, emails, phone numbers, videos, dimensions... ANYTHING!!! Is much appreciated. Thanks!
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: In need of cheep 1/4 scale engine between 25cc and 45cc

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

DirtbikeRider

Welcome to QSL, i hope you enjoy the site. For your engine, i recommend checking out Dave's Discount Motors at http://www.davesmotors.com/ he has a great selection to fit your price range. Al
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Daves is a great outfit. you will find what you need well in your budget! Good luck and welcome!!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

Want some serious HP then Oneils is the place.http://www.oneillbrothers.com/
javigtr

Post by javigtr »

I have a MATHE 30cc for sale. Is used and has been stored for years but still in good shape. Needs a general clean and inspection. Could sell for Euro 90+shipping.

Cheers,
Javier
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

In response to O'Neil Brothers Racing as a choice for "serious horsepower," I would NOT recommend buying any of their Engines.
About a year ago I purchased one of their "full race modified" 30.5cc striker Engines.
I had less power from it than from my stock 23cc zenith so I contacted Chris Battalions of Bartolone Racing and sent the engine to him.
Turns out that during their hand porting process, they removed too much material from the exhaust port which caused blow by during the compression/fireing stroke.
Chris repairs quite a few of their Engines, anyone who really knows anything about these Engines will recommend Bartolone Racing or Trevor Simpson engines if your lucky enough to score one!
oneillbrothersracing

Post by oneillbrothersracing »

First off we've been CNC porting coming up on 5 years now. The free port that you're speaking of could only happen if we lowered the exhaust port which we have never done to any of our engines. Our 30.5cc engines are built for torque and the only work done to the exhaust port is breaking the chrome at the top and surfacing. Regardless we stand behind our work and if you would have contacted us we would have been more then happy to make it right. Doesn't surprise me Chris didn't have anything good to say as he's our competitor :lol: I could go through our junk cylinder bin and pull quite a few bartolone cylinders from his engines that were sent to us to be converted. It goes both ways :roll:
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

There's always the other side of the story than never seems to get posted until NOW! OBR only CNC machine there engines no hand polish porting. HUH? :lol:
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

In regards to your comments OBR, your full race modified engine that I purchased from you had blowby on the exhaust port PERIOD.
I sent the engine to Bartolone Racing because your brand new engine performed poorly (to say the least!) from the get go.
Chris sent me back your butchered cylinder head and also let me say that upon firing up his modified engine, it pulled the wheels right off the ground and flipped on its roof!

A friend of mine who races for HARM Racing in the Euro also bought 2 of your "full race modified" 30.5cc "stroker" engines.
They were junk and he had to have his lawyer call you guys to get his money back.

Say what you want about your " 100% CNC process."
I know from experience, that's why I own 3 Bartolone Racing engines and will never own another OBR product.

Oh, check with any of the drag racers at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY,
IT'S TREVOR SIMPSON OR BARTOLONE RACING PERIOD!

END OF STORY.....
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

63350vette wrote:In regards to your comments OBR, your full race modified engine that I purchased from you had blowby on the exhaust port PERIOD.
I sent the engine to Bartolone Racing because your brand new engine performed poorly (to say the least!) from the get go.
Chris sent me back your butchered cylinder head and also let me say that upon firing up his modified engine, it pulled the wheels right off the ground and flipped on its roof!

A friend of mine who races for HARM Racing in the Euro also bought 2 of your "full race modified" 30.5cc "stroker" engines.
They were junk and he had to have his lawyer call you guys to get his money back.

Say what you want about your " 100% CNC process."
I know from experience, that's why I own 3 Bartolone Racing engines and will never own another OBR product.

Oh, check with any of the drag racers at Floyd Bennett Field in Brooklyn, NY,
IT'S TREVOR SIMPSON OR BARTOLONE RACING PERIOD!

END OF STORY.....

You wish??????? The manufacture has spoken in regards to you comments. You did nothing about it but BITCH. The manufacture was willing to make a good and you refused.
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

I wish?
How old are you like 6?

I gave facts on my personal experience, and the experiences of other die hard drag racers.
As far as me "bitching about it," I sent it to a reputable machinist who came highly recommended by others in the drag racing community.
I would have to be out of my mind to send it back to the same guys who butchered the "machining" in the first place.
Especially after all of the negative feedback i received about OBR.

For the last time let me reiterate, anyone who knows anything about real torque at the low end, coupled with tons of power at the top end, run with TREVOR SIMPSON or BARTOLONE RACING engines.

The rest of you amateurs can waste your time and money to run slower than stock 23cc engines and buy OBR "full race modified" crap...
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

Apparently you didn't bother to read the OP topic. As for OBR I have no complaints about there motors. You are defiantly 6 as you didn't bother to give the manufacture a chance to make you whole again. That is what a warranty is for. I suggest you sue the manufacture and make a public case about it. OBR manufacturing process had nothing to do with your Bitching problem. Pictures show the whole story. So the story has ended with YOU not doing anything but BITCH. Which you will continue to do nothing but that. You will never convince me or others that OBR motors are bad. The topic is about a cheap 1/4 scale 25-46cc engine and BR or TS are not what the op had in mind. So You can say that Zenoah is a cheap engine too. :lol:
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

And who recommended OBR Engines to start if off?
anytimerc

Post by anytimerc »

I did!!!!!! As they were in the price range the op was looking for!!!!! :D No complaints with my engines. :D
63350vette
1/4 scale guru

Post by 63350vette »

If you are affiliated with OBR their have been nothing but complaints here in Brooklyn, NY!