Straight axle

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Straight axle

Post by RcBurnout »

Any one know how to convert the Raco rear end to a straight axle. I have got as far as disassembling it but its not as simple as I thought to just slam a 1/2 axle in it.
Dominick
lanegc

Re: Straight axle

Post by lanegc »

Hey Dom, Its been a while, I stopped replacing the axle insted I bought some 3/4 alum inch Hex stock from McMaster Carr. I cut 2 pieces 1 inch long, put them in my lathe and drilled them 12mm all the way through, swapped them end for end and drilled them 1/2 deep with a 1/2 inch drill. I installed them the same as you would the dog bone cups. One note, I found that I must run outer bearings toward the end of the axle if you use this method or replace replace the axle because there is not enough distance between the bearings with the plastic case George
lanegc

Post by lanegc »

Send me your e mail and I send you a photo, if you like them I'll make you a pair in exchange for a pair of bearings like the ones used with the skully axles. I think their called axle flags
RcBurnout
1/4 scale guru

Post by RcBurnout »

lanegc wrote:Send me your e mail and I send you a photo, if you like them I'll make you a pair in exchange for a pair of bearings like the ones used with the skully axles. I think their called axle flags

Whoa. That's a lot going on there. And yes. It's been a long time. Here's the e-mail address

Trainstop773@aol.com.

And thank you for your help. Let me know what email to look for as I get bombarded with emails all the time as I'm sure you do to

Thanx again. Dominick
Dreambig

Post by Dreambig »

How about posting a pic here? I would like to see that myself.

Dreambig
wildhuck302

Post by wildhuck302 »

I agree, it would be nice to see how that is done