1/4 Yankee Engine Options - Replacing F7

Post anything here that has to do with 1/4 scale engines and tuning.
JK

1/4 Yankee Engine Options - Replacing F7

Post by JK »

Is there an easy bolt up replacement engine for the F7 Yankee engine on a long wheelbase Yankee 1/4?
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: 1/4 Yankee Engine Options - Replacing F7

Post by Emilio »

Hi, I guess you have a viper or f1, these are the Yankee with the longest wheelbase, I have a Zenoah on my f1, pretty much most Yankee use the same driveline components that should be compatible with another engine with little to no modification but a few drilled holes to mount a different engine bolt pattern. There was an f7 engine on ebay not long ago and might still be there but I couldn't find it?
JK

Post by JK »

I actually have the Venturi body but I think it's the same wheelbase as the Viper. The F7 flywheel is garbage and is cracking. I'm afraid it is going to explode while running. The engine is fine. I'd like an engine that I can get parts for though now that my son wants to play. What size Zenoah do you suggest? I suppose I could call Dave's Motors?
Attachments
Chassis
Chassis
My backyard track. It needs a bit of repair.
My backyard track. It needs a bit of repair.
Body
Body
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

That is a sweet Yankee i always admired that car. I'm pretty sure any decent size engine should fit with very little modification, exhaust, bolt pattern etc.