New member from Scotland!

If you are a new member, introduce yourself here.
SharkFactor

New member from Scotland!

Post by SharkFactor »

Hi Folks,

New guy here!

I was quite involved with rc a good few years back, I had FG and MCD cars. The last model I had was an MCD rally evo 3 Lancia Delta and I had a very detailed e30 BMW M3 shell that I ordered from FG long after it went out of production (I see they are making them again), FG pressed one for me and I made it as detailed as possible with front and rear lights etc, and I upgraded the whole car with alloy, it was amazing.

That was years ago.. now have a little boy and he is keen to get into the hobby, I'll get him a little 1/10 Tamiya, but I want a toy too!

Being a Porsche man, I aim to build a beauty of a Porsche 911, no expense spared.
As a base I will likely use a HPi Baja 5x and my research has brought me to this place! I need to acquire a Porsche body shell. In particular, I see that Yankee used to make a Porsche 930 (this shell has the same wheel base as a Hpi Baja 5b) but this is no longer available on the Yankee website. Looking for some pointers or maybe someone who has one.. I will put up a proper thread of course!

See you all around!

Mark
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

Re: New member from Scotland!

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

Welcome to QSL Mark!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Welcome mark! We just visited Scotland last September and its a wonderful place!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Hi and welcome Mark:

Send an email to Yankee and ask when the 930 shells will be available again. In my experience Yankee is very responsive.

Kaye
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Hi Mark and welcome, did you check out this killer Porsche, don't know if or when available?

http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... =30&t=5093