1/4ers on display

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

1/4ers on display

Post by bobjeffreson »

Our Slot Car Club was invited to be a part of a Vintage Speedway Display near Sydney. 2nd year we've been asked to show our vintage midgets and super mods. Decided to take the Packwood Supers and Gilmer as well. 1/4 scale cars always get the punters looking amazed. Although this year, I think the "cuteness factor" of the 1/24 scale cars might have won out.
Attachments
DSCN0484 (2).JPG
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: 1/4ers on display

Post by Kaye »

The future of 1/4 scale is 1/24, but I'm not there yet :)
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Kaye, I fell into slot cars by accident. One of my 1/4 scale mates built a slot car track in his bar/man cave. I found that building then was right up my alley, through my jewellery trade background. Pretty soon people were asking me to build cars for them and it all progressed from there.The full size vintage car owners are now asking me to do slot car copies of there full size cars. My latest car delivered last Sunday.
Attachments
IMG_1394 (2).JPG
IMG_1396 (2).JPG
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

great job
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

bobjeffreson wrote:Kaye, I fell into slot cars by accident. .
Bob: It was a reverse thing for me. I fell into 1/4 scale cars when my son was 6 years old and i bought him a little slot car set, the cars were tiny and had magnets underneath that made them stick to the track like glue. By the time he was 9 it was 1/10 scale Tamiya rc cars, when he was 13 it was 1/5 scale FG gasoline, followed by 1/4 scale. At 18 he went off to university and lost interest in them.

I kept on acquiring 1/4 scale cars, mainly because they reminded me of all the fun we'd had together. Sometimes he'll say to me "one of these days let's get some gas and run one of the cars", to which I reply "yes, we'll do it one day" knowing we probably won't. In truth I really don't want to run them because it'll never be the same as it was 'back in the day'. I treasure these happy memories.

These days I mess around tying to make little bits and pieces for them as best I can. My work isn't up to any great model making standard, but it doesn't really matter because I enjoy it. Lifting the models off their storage shelves is difficult for me, but I do it from time to time; if my son finds out he gives me 'all hell' for lifting them.

Your slot cars are amazing!

Kaye
aodlord13

Post by aodlord13 »