Delara Info

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Delara Info

Post by bobjeffreson »

Grabbed this Delara out of Belgium some weeks ago. Didn't attract 1 bid on ebay, so I contacted the owner ans we worked a great deal. I think I "stole it" actually. I don't think it ever did a lot of running and is in terrific condition.
Do any members recognise the car? It has Drivers names... Jenny and Paul on each side and Brink 88' on the hood.
DSCN0503 (2).JPG
Attachments
DSCN0505 (2).JPG
DSCN0504 (2).JPG
DSCN0508 (2).JPG
rc garage berlin
1/4 scale guru

Re: Delara Info

Post by rc garage berlin »

Hey Bob,

I saw this car one year ago. A guy from Belgium offered it for 1500 Euros to me. There was no Jenny and Paul and no Brink 88 written on the body. Someone changed the tires as well... looks much better now.

Michael
Attachments
Delara.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Bob:

Nice find!
RobbieG

Post by RobbieG »

HI Bob, I remember when I saw this car come up & I said if you don't buy it I will !
I didn't need another one, ( but you can never have too many Delaras ).
I love the ones I have. I was so pleased you were able to do not just a deal, but such a great deal. I hope one of our members can help you out with an original set of wings & front crash bar, but I can send you one of my pair of wings for you to copy if need be.
I does look like it was well treated over the years.
Again, congratulations, it's only taken about 12 or so years for you to get your first one !!
Robbie G
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Michael, I took the original wheels/tyres off. Tyres very badly flat spotted. Had this set sitting around and thought the Delara deserved them. Appreciate the info on the car.
Rob, it's taken about 20 years to find the one I wanted to pull the trigger on. Happy with what I finally got.
rc garage berlin
1/4 scale guru

Post by rc garage berlin »

Tires are so important for the look of a car. Maybe I was stupid not to buy it but I have no storage left and my wife would have killed me...

In europe no one was interested in that car. That´s why I told Seb to put it on Australian Ebay.
Wishing you a lot of fun with it.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Michael, the Delara probably finishes my collecting days. Starting back in 1988 I made a list of 1/4 scale cars that I would like to have in a collection. The list was a WCM sprinter, A Delara sprinter, a Pacesetter sprinter and a Gilmer midget and maybe a couple of Skellenger quick-changes. That list is now more than complete, with 3 more WCM's, the Packwood Supers and a Quickdraw sprinter. Plus my 2 locally built Terry Bennett Bullet sprinters. It's been a fun and rewarding 20 year search.
Building 1/24 speedway slot cars for clients takes a lot of time these days, but notice I said 'probably'........hmmm.