My very first Yankee RC Model !

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Rowhider

Re: My very first Yankee RC Model !

Post by Rowhider »

I took the time to calculate the weight repartition of my 330P4.
For that purpose, I took exactly the same measure with the car "nude", to be able to do the comparison.

330P4 Nude chassis

Weight balance Left / Right: 48.3 % / 51.7%
Weight balance Front / Rear: 44.6% / 55.4%

330P4 Complete car

Weight balance Left / Right: 50 % / 50%
Weight balance Front / Rear: 43% / 57%

So total weight in order to run of 11.9kg (with Polycarbonate body)

Finally my feeling was good :) having put my ESC
eccentric, to compensate the weight of the transmission on the left side.

Front/Rear weight balance is in the optimal range: a propulsion car must have a weight repartition between 55% and 60% on the rear.
Last edited by Rowhider on July 4th, 2016, 12:58 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Rowhider

Post by Rowhider »

one focus on the rear anti-scroll bar:

This antiscroll bar is pretty original wih a link ensured between the two rear dampers by two pushrods.

Normal state: no compression

Compressed state

Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Rowhider wrote:
Emilio wrote:Very nice project you have. The Yankee P4 330 is an outstanding machine, I just finished up mine not long ago. These bodies are screaming for the tiny little details that make a big difference in appearance, this is purely my opinion. Here are some photos of mine and hope they can spark ideas if you need any.
Very nice one! I'm currently thinking about my new body rendering, I will add a lot of little details.
I currently have a mesh at the front air inlet, but not at other opening.
Do you own a 3304P with an ABS body: red external body and an internal transparent body for windows, mine is in Polycarbonate manufactured in one-shot: Lighter but not easy to decorate!

Yes Rowhider I have the ABS body with separate windshield, the body is a 6 piece body set. :)
Rowhider

Post by Rowhider »

Hello!

Hereafter, the maiden run of my Ferrari 330P4 from Yankee-Legend.

This car is powered by:
ESC SkyRC BEAST 200A v2
MOTOR SkyRC BEAST 520-3Y
LIPO Batteries: 2x 4S VANT 7600mhA - 70C
Total weight in run: 11.9 kg

For this very first run, power is limited to 70% and top-speed to about 50km/h.

This 330P4 is hard to manage during the first phase of breaking, with a lot of oversteering. But everything else is good, with a lot of traction and a very good front.
So, some work to do on the setup!
steeve28

Post by steeve28 »

Emilio wrote:Very nice project you have. The Yankee P4 330 is an outstanding machine, I just finished up mine not long ago. These bodies are screaming for the tiny little details that make a big difference in appearance, this is purely my opinion. Here are some photos of mine and hope they can spark ideas if you need any.

Hello,

Could you please tell me how you proceed to cut the windows of the car body in ABS? Which kind of tool do you use? Something like a Dremel?
Many thanks for your response ;)
steeve28

Post by steeve28 »

Hello,

Could you please tell me how you proceed to cut the windows of the car body in ABS? Which kind of tool do you use? Something like a Dremel?
Many thanks for your response