my pacesetter

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
fab

my pacesetter

Post by fab »

I just picked this up and wanted to show it off.
it has been sitting for awhile but with some tender loving care I will bring it back to its glory.
it has this frame number 358.735 is there somewhere I can find some info on it?
all comments welcome as I'm only new to the sprint cars but have been running and racing remote controlled vehicles for over 40 years.
Attachments
IMG_1415.JPG
IMG_1417.JPG
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: my pacesetter

Post by Kaye »

She's a beauty! If she was mine I would try to preserve the patina, in other words do a sympathetic restoration. I'd also stay with the current color scheme.
fab

Post by fab »

yes that's exactly what I'm going to do, just go through it and tidy it up.
the only parts that are missing is 1 front shock and the back nudge bar, I don't know how much luck I will have finding these 2 parts.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Never seen a pacesetter sprint like that. Awesome find!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
fab

Post by fab »

I'm very happy with it for a first quarter scale.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

That's a High tech sprinter, nice chassis design on this car, I had one and personally think it looks better without the body parts. When I got this car it was such in bad shape anybody would of walked away from it, but the ebay photos were a bit deceiving and didn't look that bad also the description was stretched to entice, but all in all yours looks a hell of a lot better than mine did. I think the one I had turned out great imho. Looking forward to seeing yours cleaned up. Btw around where I live now folks will mistaken your car for a John Deer :lol:
Attachments
11407066_10154030464464465_6715741284061414482_n.jpg
11053176_10154030464524465_8721930684211072624_n.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Emilio wrote: Btw around where I live now folks will mistaken your car for a John Deer :lol:
:) but way more fun!
fab

Post by fab »

Emilio wrote:That's a High tech sprinter, nice chassis design on this car, I had one and personally think it looks better without the body parts. When I got this car it was such in bad shape anybody would of walked away from it, but the ebay photos were a bit deceiving and didn't look that bad also the description was stretched to entice, but all in all yours looks a hell of a lot better than mine did. I think the one I had turned out great imho. Looking forward to seeing yours cleaned up. Btw around where I live now folks will mistaken your car for a John Deer :lol:
very nice job Emilio, your car came out very clean and tidy, doesn't look like your running front shocks?
yes that's what those colours reminded me of as soon as I saw it, I hope its as reliable as a john deer :D
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Sure it has front shocks, do you see that little wooden block? J/K, I had everything but the front shocks, I had the original wing set also when I sold it. I think the Pacesetter High tech is one of the nicest sprint cars out there and a skelenger rear will kick it up to a new level.
fab

Post by fab »

can someone tell me some info about this motor, make and size and can you still get parts for it, does anyone make a header for it.
Attachments
IMG_1434.JPG
IMG_1432.JPG
IMG_1420.JPG
IMG_1418.JPG
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

Robin NB211 ???
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

I think that is a pito or peto engine, something like this? also might be anywhere from a 23 or 30cc engine?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Engine was called US Engines as well. There were two names it was manufactured. Basically no parts, but strong running engine.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
fab

Post by fab »

thanks for the info, from measuring the bore and stroke it looks to be about 35cc?
rc garage berlin
1/4 scale guru

Post by rc garage berlin »

I am nearly shure it is an canadian engine named Quadra 35cc.
I got a few of them and parts for sale if you like.

Difficult to find spare parts because they made many small changes over the years (for example 2, 3 or 4 bolts for the exhaus). Always one thread broken.

The Quality in my oppinion is realy bad. Got some with missing ribs on the cylinderhead. Not broken,
just missing...

Google "Quadra engine spare parts"
Attachments
Eng11.gif