John Foster's Passing

This is a place for me to tell you what is going down.
Al Gibson (QSL)
Legacy Member

John Foster's Passing

Post by Al Gibson (QSL) »

We lost a real advocate of the sport last week, John Foster passed away. Although I never had the chance to meet John in person, we spent many hours on the phone discussing various projects and people in the ¼ scale sport. John was an amazing craftsman, designer and engineer. His knowledge of the ¼ scale cars propelled the sport to a new level. He is well respected in the community and he will leave his mark for many years to come.

My first funny car was one that John built, it was amazing with his own quick-change rear end, disc brakes, his trademark wheels and tires and a highly modified engine. The body was one of his design as well, I am so proud of that car. Throughout the many years knowing and talking with John, he would take and idea and before you knew it would show up in the mail. That is the kind of guy he was.

I have Johns jet engine dragster “Hot Shot”, it is a highly coveted car in my collection. When I obtained the car it was in a mock-up state and not completed. Since I’ve had the car the chassis has been powder coated and the electronics installed. The handmade aluminum body is in paint now and it will have a Blue Angles theme. I think John would be proud to see his car fully completed and looking sharp. I wish I was able to show and discuss the car with him.

John was an important and highly respected advocate in the community, and he will be greatly missed.
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Re: John Foster's Passing

Post by Kaye »

John was a giant amongst us. RIP John.
sprintdog

Re: John Foster's Passing

Post by sprintdog »

New to QSL. Sorry to read about John Foster a man I would like to have known. I live in FL. and ben racing QS Sprints from 88 to 2013. Looking at Johns creations and a lot of others on QSL I Now have the fever again. Harold