1/4 scale Lotus 49 Jim Clark version

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Re: 1/4 scale Lotus 49 Jim Clark version

Post by Emilio »

Hey folks, I also post on QSL Facebook where if interested you'll find the updates to this build in it's final stages. I've been jumping back and forth between projects, my Daytona coupe and this L49. I made the drivers legs and the Jim Clark hood tags, I also ordered a larger diameter number 5 for the front as the one there is to small and waiting on the Shell decals for the side of the nose area. Also in the future I will have the flywheel modified to accept a v-belt for a hand held electric starter Hope you enjoy.
Attachments
jim clark driver 1.jpg
jim clark name tags.jpg
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Hey folks, happy holidays. Going to take the flywheel to a machine shop to cut a V-shape groove into it, this will allow me to start the engine with a belt and handheld electric starter, same method as my Gilmer. Hopfully I'll have this running one day or at least start it. :)
Attachments
L49 flywheel.jpg
Kaye
1/4 scale GOD

Post by Kaye »

I'd love to see a short video of the model when / if you start the engine.
Liq75

Post by Liq75 »

Needs different wheels and tires. Just saying........
Emilio
1/4 Scale Legend!

Post by Emilio »

Liq75, as far as making my wheels (which I can't) there is really not much out there to choose from, I did go to a 3" x 6" tire on the rears which had a 4" X 6.25". I'm in the process of ordering rear tire caps from BRP that will match the front thread pattern. What do you suggest?
Attachments
clark_67_mexico_02.jpg