skellengers

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

skellengers

Post by big maestro »

Just curious to know. If there were a rear end produced like the skellenger what it it be worth to you. I am not asking this to try and rip people off, I just want to know how many people would actually buy them since they are no longer used in compeitition with the exception of AUS. I want to possibly try to have some made but I want to be able to atleast cover my cost at some point.
Thanks In advance for the input.
Lance
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I would get a few for sure. $500 or less would be a good price I think. they have to be cool looking and strong
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I am sure you could sell quite a few. The problem is the initial investment. you are looking at about 6k for the gears and then 11k for the tooling for the investment casting and then about $125 for each set of housings you pull. So for your first 50 your cost would run about 24k. So if you sold all of them for $500 each you could recoupe your cost and then start selling them for profit. Hmmmmm, I think I looked into this one :D
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

Mike, Your forgetting one big difference. You live in California. I live in Sumter SC. Cost of living here is atleast half or less than where you live. I have some industrial connections that I hope will come through for me. If they do It's going to benefit everyone that wants one, I can assure you of that. Anyway I'm keeping my fingers crossed and waiting on an answer to see if it's possible or not.
Till next time,
Lance
first25q

rears

Post by first25q »

i think the price of the gears are way high.$6000 for start up for gears is over rated.you guys are looking in the wrong direction for gears.why don't you redisgn the housigs to fit other types of gears.
ed
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

ED, good to see ya here. Yea, the price is crazy. The problem is that he wants to make a skellenger copy. To do that you would need to custom make gears or find a old surplus of them since they came from garden tools.
I have found some other gears that would work well, but the housing would need to be bigger and the gears are already hardened and have a lot of meat on them.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!