newer pics

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
lowhogg2

newer pics

Post by lowhogg2 »

[img]
rc stuff 284.jpg
[/img][img]
rc stuff 286.jpg
[/img][img]
rc stuff 292.jpg
[/img][img]
rc stuff 288.jpg
[/img]
M.R. Ogle

Re: newer pics

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Looks quite nicely done! The close up details show a very solid construction, and I like those "DANGER" stickers around the sprockets!

Any videos of it making a run?
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

thanks mike! need to get a new radio! test ran it last year with a spectrum radio in it an it took off on me an blasted a curb! bought a fail safe for it so that wont happen again!! lol also gotta do some body work from the crash got the rest fixed! gonna get a futaba 3 channel so i can run a chute! also damaged one off the rear rims! trying to find some more! they are six bolt two peice! bought them at a hobby swap meet but not sure who made them!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

You JUST missed an EBay auction for those rear rims... they were un-drilled for the bolt pattern... but they were new. I'm certain someone on this board could help you find a couple of those rims, though.

I also needed one of those rim halfs and Lance (big maestro) helped me out.

I'm surprised you had radio problems with the Spektrum, although there seems to be a range issue with some of them. I use the Futaba 3PM 2.4 FASST radio, it's not expensive, but I've NEVER had a problem with it.
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

i have a spectrum dx6 in my t-rex 450 helicopter and the local heli expert was helping me set it upand when he was flying it it dropped really fast for a second! didnt crash but he said he never seen one do that before! a friend of mine thinks maybe the viberation from the dragster caused it to do that! it was only five feet away from me when it took off! plus the body is made of sheet metal! see what happends this spring! i am in michigan an we are suppose to get dumped tueday all day!! lol
InsaneMB

Post by InsaneMB »

I've had similar expereinces with my planes, dont what causes it, it always comes back...but man, it sure is a bad feeling. I'm seriously considering going back to 72mhz
Insane Model Builder
Bryant

Post by Bryant »

Lowhogg2, with the sheet metal body you might want to put foam servo tape are some padding between anything that is lose are vibrates bad. That has worked for me in the passed.
Q/S FUNNY CAR
EASTEX EXPRESS
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

thanks bryant! i ll give that a try! i redone the front axel yesterday i wasnt happy with the other one! also i am gonna fix the nose of the body today! can you say bondo! lol! also here are some pics of the rims i am looking for! one was damaged when i hit the curb! tried to pound it out but that just doesnt work to well!!
rc stuff 295.jpg
rc stuff 298.jpg
rc stuff 299.jpg
rc stuff 300.jpg
rc stuff 301.jpg
rc stuff 302.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

that is really looking good. Very nice front end too!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

thanks mike! been working on this for three years! didnt know anything about quarter scale til i found this site! and thisis a awesome site with some really good people on it!!when i first started this project it sat in the closet for a year because there wasnt much out there til i found this site! hope to have it finished before spring! too much snow here in michigan!! lol!
CALracing
1/4 scale guru

Post by CALracing »

Where did you get the front wheels? geoff
lowhogg2

Post by lowhogg2 »

the front wheels are made by top flite! they are 1/4 scale airplane wheels an cheap! about $27.00 a pair! pretty durable too! just ask that curb i hit! lol only bent a couple of spokes an popped the tire off!