My First 1/4 Scale

Post pictures and details of your rides here! Open to comments.
GTown Dominator

My First 1/4 Scale

Post by GTown Dominator »

Guys I am new to this size of cars. I have been around RC's for awhile but nothing compares to this ! I am very excited about this car and I am in the process of gethering info about it. So far I have recieved the following info.

Skellenger rearend, 52cc Solo Engine, 2 Stage clutch and I don't know who the body is made by. Any info would be greatly welcomed. Sorry about the picture qaulity hopefully I will post better pics soon. :D
Attachments
Hawaiian Punch2.jpg
Hawaiian Punch4.jpg
Hawaiian Punch3.jpg
Hawaiian Punch.jpg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Re: My First 1/4 Scale

Post by Mike Casey »

welcome!!

That is one hell of a first car!!! Awesome one to start with. That is a late model Pacesetter made when MK was running it back east. I think the best version there is. More detail on the frame, nice detailed wheelie bar and "A" arm type front suspension... well and of course the rear! I have one just like this and its a real nice one. Definitely a keeper!!! How did you find it, and did you score a good deal? I paid about 2k for mine 5 years ago but it had a spare rear and some other stuff. It was a good deal even back then...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
GTown Dominator

Thanks...Coming from you that is a great complement. A good friend of mine owns a hobby store here and has had the car in a display case since 92 or 93. We were talking the other day and joking around I told him that I should buy that car. He made me an offer of 1500.00 and I thought that is a great deal. It came with an extra body that is painted excactly like this one but has never been used. The car is in pristine condition and has only been ran once or twice. He also gave me alot of extras including a New Era Parachute that I would love to fiqure out how to mount and make it functional. Any thoughts?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Yea, I would say thats an awesome deal!!! What a great find!! I know pacesetter sold a BUNCH of cars to hobby shops. They were very pro active in that department. I am sure more are hiding in shops around the country. Would love to find that list of places that bought them...

Keep that one or you WILL regret letting it go. Those dont come around often, its usually the older ones.

Post pics of the chute. There is a couple ways of hooking them up. Most important thing is to make sure you mount the stings to the frame and NOT the body :) LOL!!!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That's a great car... the real one was a great car, too... the LOUDEST nitro car I have ever heard, had a low, subsonic rumble to it that was incredible. I saw it at Pomona in 1991 and the ground was reverberating as the car was going through the lights!!!

Here's the story:
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_q ... ntent;col1
GTown Dominator

Wow.......Thanks for the picture and awsome story. I think this car is a good tribute to one of the best funny cars of all time!
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

A nice illustration of the car, here. Also, click on the "detailed description":

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl= ... lgfO_rWtDw
chiefj48
1/4 scale guru

Post by chiefj48 »

i saw this car when mike was building it!!!!

does anyone know where mike is now??? the last i heard he was back into full size AAFD...
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Re: My First 1/4 ScaleI know pacesetter sold a BUNCH of cars to

Post by bobjeffreson »

Mike, You said...
"I know pacesetter sold a BUNCH of cars to hobby shops. They were very pro active in that department."
I think I can confirm that, as my Pacesetter sprinter was I believe, originally sold by Jeff to a Hobby shop in Paterson New Jersey. I've tracked down the owner of the shop, who is getting on these days and he vaguely recalls having 5 Pacesetters sprinters in stock. He cannot remember much about them other than one went to Hawaii. We are talking early 1980's. My car was sold by him in 1983 to the family that I purchased it from.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, thats about right. Pacesetter had a 3-5 car minimum order to be a dealer. The first ten months he partnered with mike white, they sold over $800k worth of cars. They ARE out there...
GTown Dominator

I am sorry guys I have been busy for the past couple of days. The Mike that sold me the car owns a local hobby store in Longview Tx. I don't think it is the same Mike that you are talking about. We also was able to start the car yesterday and it ran like a champ. I am finishing up the electronics and hopefully post some video of it. 8)
Davids108

Post by Davids108 »

Hi im in louisiana do you know anyone with a funny car or dragster for sale please email me scottlatour8@gmail.com