New RC Facility-Riverside CA

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
LarryCross

New RC Facility-Riverside CA

Post by LarryCross »

Complete RC Racing Facility planned for Riverside California. Will include dirt oval, dirt off road, asphalt ovals, asphalt road course and drag strip.
Will be able to run all scales including Quarter Scale on the dirt oval. Please call Larry at 909-987-7745 if you would like to provide input for track designs. We should be able to begin racing by the end of the year.
Larry Cross
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Great news Larry! Best of luck with it. I am interested in helping with the drag racing portion of it. Setup, rules, promotion, etc. I believe Oscar is doing this too, but I want to know what I can do.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

Hi Larry, good to see your plans are progressing. I look forward to paying you a visit one day soon to say hello and have a chat. By the looks of things I probably won't get to bump into you again in Australia?
Who ate all the pies?
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

What a small world. I log onto this site and it's a wonderful surprise to see Larrycross and BigTrev are on it.
The last time the 3 of us were together was in January 2006 at the Tri-Nations 1/4 scale Sprintcar Challenge, held at Luddenham Quarter scale Speedway, Sydney Australia.
Larry's 3 car USA Team, consisting of himself and his 2 other drivers, Matt and Eric Sloan, along with Big Trev Keir, representing South Africa, were part of a 2 day/night meeting that attracted 29 1/4 scale sprintcars on the 1st day, followed by 31 sprintcars the next day. That is a record car count for 1/4 scale sprintcars at the Sydney Club.
That occassion was Larry's 2nd visit to Sydney to race and I was his designated driver for the family's stay in Sydney.
It was a terrific time and a pleasure to be a part of such wonderful 1/4 scale dirt track speedway event.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

I suppose I should have posted some links for anyone interested in 1/4 scale speedway racing in Australia..
www.lqss.org
www.australianquarterscale.com
Bob Jeffreson
Big Trev
Legacy Member

Post by Big Trev »

What a fine small world it is, indeed!
Bob, this is the best site for real scale enthusiasts. Mike has opened up a genuine treasure of information, that would otherwise have been lost.
The site also brings together and inspires people to help keep 1/4 scale well alive. Great job Mike.
Who ate all the pies?
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

G'day Trev!
You're dam right! I concur with everything in that post and shall continue to be apart of this extremely informative site.
As Big Trev said...Well done Mike..from a fan "down under."
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Thanks for the comments guys. It means a lot that people appreciate the work. :D
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!