mold's

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
blkracer3

mold's

Post by blkracer3 »

hello all,, this is a shot in the dark but I'm looking for the person who bought Bill Cains car molds, there was a 55 chevy, 32coupe, and a dragster. if anyone knows please help me track down these molds thanks
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Jeff schmidt did the fiberglass work for him and made those molds. I have the 32 ford one and the olds funnycar one as well. I sell the bodies on my other site www.legendaryreproductions.com The 55 I believe was a CEC body and those have been gone for some time now.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
blkracer3

wings

Post by blkracer3 »

hey Mike,, can I come by and pick up a wing for the funnycar>>> how much ???
blkracer3

?????

Post by blkracer3 »

CEC formed the car???? I thought Bill made them????> is someone I can talk to that i can get a few molds made????
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Sorry, I dont have any wings available. I dont have them made either. Depending on what you want to do with a mold.... it would cost up to 5k for one, depending on fiberglass or lexan and also if you plan to use original artwork or just splash a body thats already made.
blkracer3

back pour

Post by blkracer3 »

hey Mike, original only I could take another 55 body and back pour it but it's going to lose a ton of detail and be smaller, I would pay that for a mold( i've done worst things) since there's still a big demand for theses bodies, I put a 1/4 dragster on ebay and my 55 was in the back ground and I got 45 emails on the 55 alone, people wanting info on the car, i think i can sell at least 30 of them that alone could pay for the price of the mold, I have a vacuum former so pulling the bodies wouldnt be a problem i just need molds, as for the new track I've already counted you in on helping!! LOL!!! I knew you wouldnt mind, the control tower I going out and by the P.A. ,AC and chairs, will need some input on building since it has to be on wheels
1/4 scale racing is not for the weak at heart!!!
first25q

Post by first25q »

Oscar, and i quote from your post I could take another 55 body back pour it but it's going to lose a ton of detail and be smaller.If you back pour it how does it lose detail and get smaller.I am new to this type of mold malking so any info would help.
I was wondering if i could use this type of molding to turn my t-bird funny car body into a mustang.
Thanks Ed
Still waiting for the call
greg

Post by greg »

I seen/see your top fuel on e-bay, but it worrys me that the two top buyers are "0" feedback???? hope they are not messing around with your sell?
I just traded my FG 1/5 F1 for a PaceSetter Top Fuel and starter/custom bug catcher all aluminum/brand new chute/full funny car manual/pacesetter helmet molds 2 halfs/goggles/new front tires and rims, so now i have both i've been looking for!
i'll post a site to where you can go and see them once i get it up, due to WE CAN"T post here!! whats up with that????
you can take the 55 body you have in the back ground and take it to a mold company and have the make a sand mold from the outside and it would be ALLOT LESS than $5000.00!! also there are other companys that could make one other ways, but you will have to strip off the paint and get it prepped for the mold maker, easy to due though.
good luck with your car on e-bay....
greg
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I found a mod where you can attach pics to the posts. The problem is you need to modify the HTML to do so and I dont know how to do that.... so we have no pic posting yet.
5k and upwards is what it costs to make ORIGINAL work. It is much cheaper to copy off a already made body because someone already invested the 5k + to originally make that body. The tools are cheap, artwork is expensive.
first25q

Post by first25q »

Mike i might be able to help you with the post of pics.I the mod for the site to upload pics
ed
blkracer3

Greg

Post by blkracer3 »

Hey Greg welcome!!!! thanks I was thinking the very same thing but I don't need to sell it< I'm selling becuase I want to, hey you gonna start racing with us down here or what, hope to to see ya soon
Last edited by blkracer3 on July 15th, 2006, 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.
1/4 scale racing is not for the weak at heart!!!
greg

Post by greg »

steve thanks for e-mailing me, you will have to tell me more about where you race these and so on, i sent you my phone no# and we have already talked a couple of times so i'm looking forward to learning more!
your racing friend greg