Queenstown south island New Zealand

General hang out to post about our lives!
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Queenstown south island New Zealand

Post by bentley marshall »

heres some pics of queenstown in the south island NewZealand taken on a trip there about 7 years ago
Attachments
queenstown_0086.jpg
queenstown_0085.jpg
queenstown_0076.jpg
shot over river
shot over river
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Re: Queenstown south island New Zealand

more
Attachments
queenstown_0101.jpg
queenstown_0096.jpg
queenstown_0093.jpg
queenstown_0091.jpg
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

and some more
Attachments
queenstown_0066.jpg
queenstown_0111.jpg
queenstown_0109.jpg
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Thanks for the photos Mr Marshall.....
Can recommend NZ to everyone. Spent 2 weeks touring the 2 islands many years ago.....superb place and not many people there, so makes it very easy going....and with the current exchange rate.....very good value!!!!
Hey Bentley is the Homer tunnel still one way on the time basis???
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

I had no idea New Zealand looked like that. I thought it was more Caribbean-like. The picture where it looks like you are standing on a beach looking out at the mountains is breathtaking. It reminds me of Sitka, Alaska. NZ has always been on my list of places to visit, but I think it just moved up a few notches.
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

bob they made the tunnel wider can fit 2 buses thru it now :)

mrsqsl those photos were taken in summer heres a pic of the same place in the middle of winter
Attachments
homer tunnel
homer tunnel
queenstown.jpg
queenstown.jpg (26.71 KiB) Viewed 4600 times
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

Oooooooh! I like winter better. It's probably because we don't really get snow here. Does it snow in most parts of New Zealand? What about Australia? It's mostly desert-ish, right?
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

only some of nz gets snow mainly on the mountains and central south island

we live in central north island and we dont get any snow every now and again there will be snow on the mountains around us but very rearly
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

New Zealand has Caribbean water!!!!! I'm SOOOOOOO moving NZ even higher on my list. More arm twisting for Mike. I wanna go NOW!!!!!
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Australia does get snow in the south eastern corner. We even have a thriving skiing industry for about 3 months.
We have a lot of desert in the centre, although with recent rains the place has come alive. We have people trucking their boats to the Lake Eyre salt basin, right in the heart of the nation to sail....it's a once in a lifetime....actually experts now say it's now once in a 100 years occurrence. It would be similar to Bonneville filling up with water to a depth of 8 to 10 feet. World land speed records have been set on Lake Eyre....tells you how big the place is.

Lake Eyre as it normally is....

Lake today.....water as far as the eye can see and further....

MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

That's a TON of water. Do you have "global warming" issues in the forefront in Australia or New Zealand? It seems like you hear about it all the time here, yet I just heard on the news last night that we are on day 22 of record low temps for this time of year.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Julie,
We were constantly told by the Government that Global Warming is the biggest single moral issue of our lifetime and we should be taxed heavily to pay for the consequences. The people were livid...Our Prime Minster went to Copenhagen and got his ar$e whipped. He came home and told us the tax was on hold....hang on a tick...let's back up there....what happened to the single biggest moral issue crap..he was replaced by his party last week and we now have a woman running the show. She had better change her attitude or she won't be there long either!!!
People right across Australia are convinced that the "warming" is cyclical..it's happened before and will happen again. I'm with them....
Our temps are similar to yours. Record lows!!! The weather-station in my back garden...not 3 miles from the centre of Sydney has been reading 4C...what's that...mid 30s F. For this part of the world, that is farking freezing....Next will get snow...LOL.
I've been around for 59 years and have never seen anything like this.
And what about all that farking water that just filled up the centre of the country.......Geez..
I'd better stop now or I'll carry on and get cranky...Ah Goverments, can't live 'em and can't shoot 'em.
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

If it makes you feel better, I've never bought into the global warming thing (as you can tell by my choice of daily driver - a Dodge truck with a V8 Hemi). I hope I'm not wrong, but it just doesn't seem like we have enough evidence to prove anything ominous is happening. Good to know other countries are talking about global warming too.
bobjeffreson
1/4 scale GOD

Post by bobjeffreson »

Julie,
a Dodge truck with a V8 Hemi....
GO GIRL.... :wink: