Sequoia Camping 2010

General hang out to post about our lives!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Sequoia Camping 2010

Post by Mike Casey »

Every year we go to sequoia for a nice trip. Takes about 8hrs to get there from our home towing our jeep. The trip never disappoints. This year was probably the best though. We logged a LOT of time trail riding and we just found a new hobby... Geocaching. Its when you find treasures on the internet and get the coordinates and download them to your Topographic GPS and then you go out and to those coordinates and try to find a hidden box. You sign the log and trade out a goodie. There are millions of them in the US. We hit up 5 or so. We could not find one of them in the deep forest. We spent over an hour looking. Stevie loves this new hobby as does the whole family. It really is a lot of fun!!!
Attachments
SAM_0874.jpg
SAM_0906.jpg
SAM_0921.jpg
SAM_0941.jpg
SAM_0952.jpg
SAM_1014.jpg
SAM_1033.jpg
SAM_1098.jpg
SAM_1120.jpg
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
-TC5racer-

Re: Sequoia Camping 2010

Post by -TC5racer- »

I really admire the family life that you have. I wish I had enough time to do all the things you get to do with your family.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

I totally agree! It's great to see these pics of the Caseys doing things together.
You GOTTA spend quality time with your kids while they're young. In a few years, they'll want to be running off with their friends, but they'll always fondly remember the fun family outings.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

we really just started taking vacations about 4 years ago. Before that we never took the time. We just worked. We were trying to get a business off the ground. It is still hard to leave it so we can enjoy our selves but we force it. Like mike said, we need to take advantage of this time NOW. We have missed much too much in the past because we "thought" work was more important. I really regret that...
-TC5racer-

Post by -TC5racer- »

I've been working 12-14 hour days for 62 days straight. I think that's why that trip with the family looks so good. I feel like I'm missing all the cool 3 year old stuff my son is doing right now. And hearing you guy's say "take the time NOW" really hits home. Hopefully this project I'm on will be over in the next couple of weeks and I can take the time that my family and myself needs.
MRS QSL
1/4 scale guru

Post by MRS QSL »

There was a point when I was working three jobs at once. I worked days, nights, weekends, even holidays. I am so thankful I don't have to do it now, but I lost so many opportunities to go out and do things with Mike and the kids. Even though I was able to work from home, I still wasn't able to fully focus on the important stuff. Whatever you do, don't make the mistakes we made. Get out there and do stuff with your kids. It isn't the Disneyland trips that matter. It can be something as simple as playing catch in the backyard. When I think back to the best memories when I was young, it is the little things like having a BBQ with both my parents in the backyard after swimming for a few hours. I barely remember going to an amusement park or an expensive trip, but I'll never forget "helping" my dad trim the trees. Time flies waaaaay too quickly. Our son turns 9 tomorrow and our daughter is starting high school this year. WORK DOES NOT MATTER!!!! Go play with the kids. Okay, done lecturing. I'll get back to work now (for 45 more minutes and then I get to go hang out with the kids).
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

And also spend time with your aged parents, you never know how long you'll have them around. I lost my father last Friday, I was 8 time zones away at the time with no chance of getting to see him.

There's never enough time, spend it wisely.

Kevin
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

sorry to hear that kevin...
K
Legacy Member

Post by K »

Thanks Mike. I didn't mean to put a dampener on your camping thread ... just wanted to emphasize the importance of spending time with the old folks.

Kevin