1/4 scale funny cars

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

Marketing is key. I think Raco sold a lot more than 1000 cars. also, price is even a bigger key.
M.R. Ogle

My first post...

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Hello to al the Q-scale guys on here, and thanks to Michael Casey for providing us with a place to get together and exchange ideas.
I'm very interested in helping build awareness of quarter scale racing, as I really enjoyed doing that myself a few years back. I raced a home-built funny car at Rialto, CA, and it as a blast!
Anyway, glad to join the party, thank you for having me!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

:D Great to see you here Mike! Do you have more shots of your car with the body off or is that top secret? :wink:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

lovedr, yea Raco did probably sell over 1k cars but that was over 10years time with 8 different models. From what I understand they only sold about 50 indy cars. Making 1k of the same exact model just seems extreme. I am not trying to put anyone down, anything is possible if you have the money and dedication.
M.R. Ogle

You don't want to see that...

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Well, the old chassis was pretty much a "Design by Dremel" deal, kinds cheesy and hacked together. But the new one I'm putting together will be a lot cleaner... beadrolled aluminum chassis panels, 27cc motor, FG primary gears to a centered-pulley belt-drive rear.
Here's a kind of a crappy photo of it under construction, but you get the idea...
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

Where did you get those front wheels?
M.R. Ogle

Those wheels....

Post by M.R. Ogle »

They're plastic FG 1/5 buggy offroad wheels, rims just narrowed on a lathe. They come in white or black or silver. They weigh next to nothing.
The rears are tenth scale truck 40-series Monster Truck wheels... the key is "40-series" ... that makes them right at 4" in diameter, and they're available in a lot of styles, even aluminum ones on the 'Bay if you search Radio Control parts and accessories under "40 Series". Again, lightweight, correct size, and best of all... cheap!!!
fordfreak05

Post by fordfreak05 »

ARE YOU SELLING THE MINI V8 DVD ON EBAY? I SEEN THE USER NAME AND THOUGHT IT WAS YOU I JUST GOT 7 YEARS OF STRICTALY IC SOME DAY I WILL TRY TO MAKE ONE NEED A MILL FIRST THOUGH. JASON
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

No me...
Anyone?
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

I'm extremely interested in anything about IC engines, especially V8. Please send me info on this DVD to whazin@comcast.net. Also, please include the ebay link. I’m thinking about building one. I just need to get the right tools and equipment. I hope this DVD can be of help :D :D