New Track, Lowcountry RC Dragway (SC)

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

New Track, Lowcountry RC Dragway (SC)

Post by Juiced Drag Racing »

We have been working with Ted at Florence R/C and will be creating a new dragstrip in the Charleston SC area called Lowcountry RC Dragway.

We have TONS of potential folks in this area and want to augment Florence's track schedule by running events here that do not conflict with Ted’s track. We are doing this for the love of the sport and if we can get more people involved, both tracks should gain more fans and racers since they are less than two hours away from each other.

Tammy and I have been Drag racing 1:1 cars as well as RC for many years and founded Southern Slingshots.
We have several sites picked out and are working out the details. We will be ready for next season and will post info as it comes along.

We will have a web site and will have both (if not more) Florence as well as our Lowcountrys schedule posted. Since Ted’s track is slated for Regional events we will wait for his schedule and add off weekends to ours. We would like a family atmosphere and want at least one event every year for charity where ALL funds collected will be donated to a local charity. Our preferred race day is Sunday, but that in not written in stone.

If you have any questions, please post here or contact us at: etracing at knology.net

Any suggestions/hints/tips or help is always welcome!!!

Ed & Tammy
M.R. Ogle

Re: New Track, Lowcountry RC Dragway (SC)

Post by M.R. Ogle »

That sounds GREAT!!

I realize that Ted's track is primarily tenth-scale (like 99.5% of the participants) so I'd assume that this new track will also be 132', but if possible, I'd love to see it be able to extend to 165 feet, which is a scale 1/8 mile for us Q-scale guys.

I've raced 165' on the West Coast (Rialto CA) and it's safer, no radio range problems, and provides good, close side-by-side racing (reaction times MATTER) even between cars of varying CID.

Keep us posted!
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

Will do Mike!

Now it is time to look for the timing equipment. Soooooooo If any of you know of any
GOOD used equipment, please let us know.

E&T
PaulSongas
1/4 scale guru

Post by PaulSongas »

Stick with Race America or Port-a-Tree
NHRA # P582
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

Thanks for the info!

More info soon!

Ed
jamieshaw31

Post by jamieshaw31 »

Hello everyone u guys can call me jamie we drag race 1/8 scale rc cars on crosscounty rd. That is in north charleston s.c. we race 330 ft and don't have a problem with our radios if possible can you extend the track for a 330ft race that's somewhere near the quarter mile for 1/8th scale cars then you can really see them get down and boogie if anyone wants to contact me its jamieshaw31@aol.com for info no timming system just a radar gun but we are looking for a local track where it more safe for our cars and people we would love to see a new track come in town.the 1:1 cars are jus to expensive dealing with economy.we currently have about 35 people racing on sundays because that's a good day for lots of people here pls contact me for info if needed we really want a scale q mile for the big dogs like us.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

1/4 mile for 1/8 scale would be 165 ft...
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
jamieshaw31

Post by jamieshaw31 »

Im sorry 330 for1/4 scale is q mile that is what we race.most of us use spectrum radios or tactic.it maybe a cheap radio but it works and works very well no glitches either.with the 1/8 scale cars we see somewhere around 67-69 mph but have much potential for more. We can gear for 132 or 165 but to be honest the 1/8 scale cars will tear the tranny and drive shafts out like a sheet of paper in a notebook.pls if you guys can do 330 you will see a difference in croud responce.I also have a question. Will you guys think about doing a 132 for tenth scale 165 for 1/4 & 1/8 and 330 for 1/4 and 1/8 its three lengths in on track personally i think if you do it once the first time you wont have to go back add later?
NYCdragRacer
1/4 scale guru

Post by NYCdragRacer »

Jamie, I am in NYC and we also race 1/4 scale and 1/5th scale cars on the 330 with a timing system, a dedicated track every Sunday as well.
But to be honest, the reason the 330 foot tracks are not popular is because land/space is very expensive, it's also very hard to find a place you can dedicate weekly.
I am pleased, for the past 20 years we have such a place and only wish there was more tracks like ours.
But I also think Ed will get the 165 foot track pop'in and interest will follow, I wish them luck and hopefully it will open up some interest to others on what we do.
Juiced Drag Racing
Legacy Member

Update:

The new Trackmate timing system (with the latest sensors) is on the truck headed to here.
I expect it to arrive next week to be assembled and tested shortly after, even if it is in
the garage!!

We have set ups for 132 and 165 foot racing. A Computer monitor will be at the tree to give you ALL the info of your run.

Photos and impressions of the system to follow.

More later!!

Ed
StangRey

Post by StangRey »

Congrats Juiced, thats great news. Good luck