Early Camaro Body

This is your place to post your restoration from start to finish. Factory built cars only. All others go in the home brew section.
M.R. Ogle

Re: Early Camaro Body

Post by M.R. Ogle »

Well, that's why I was inquiring about the wheelbases of existing NASCAR-type chassis. Most were 25.25" to 25.5" so that's the first dimensions I started with back in February.

Eightman...what is the wheelbase of the Camaro body you're producing in Lexan?
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I am thinking the new era vette chassis will not fit. The rake of the windshield is pretty extreme, but i can take a look. This would be a great body for a Raco or chopped top off tube chassis.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

just went out to take a look and the camaros windshield is less of a rake then the vette. It may very well fit the vette chassis. I was just too lazy to bring one down to measure closely.
speedy
1/4 scale guru

Post by speedy »

thanks mike ..i have one and have been watching this and praying that it would ..sign me up for one when it's ready can't wait to marry the 2....
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

i am working with a couple different people to get this mold made. What interest is there if there were no seams in this body at all? Traditional molds would be easily a 3 piece mold leaving seams in those areas. I have a person that can make this a one piece mold, but the cost is quite high to do it this way. I am looking for the first batch of bodies to pay for this mold hopefully since bodies dont really sell like hotcakes...
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

anyone interested in these bodies please pm me so i can start making a list. I dont have an idea on cost yet. Wont be cheap though.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

So far, it looks like we have interest in 7 bodies plus one for me. That would probably put them in at about $325-$350 each plus shipping. If we can get a few more interested we can get the price down.
speedy
1/4 scale guru

Post by speedy »

well i did my part and put in for 2 of them .....i hope we get some more takers..Mike will you be able to ship them to me together in one box in side each other with bubble rap in between them to save on the shipping i hate to pay for 2 boxes ...
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

they are pretty low profile. I bet they could fit on top each other. But they will not fit inside each other, i am pretty sure.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

OK, looks like we are at $300 for each body plus shipping. if can get a few more guys in, we can get them down a few more bucks. I will need pre orders on these to pay for this, so look in your pms for the guys that pmd me before.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

300$ for a qscale fiberglass body is rather cheap, you'r a better seller than me :)
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

... the guy who makes the patterns works cheap, LOL!!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

plus thats built in with NO profit. just sharing the cost.
M.R. Ogle

Post by M.R. Ogle »

True. Unfortunately true.

Don't think that anyone involved in the process of making these bodies available is doing this to make ANY profit.... there really ain't none to be had.

This is just for the benefit of the Q-Scale community, and Mike Casey is... once again... jumping through hoops and fronting the cash to make sure everyone who wants a new body can get one.

Thanks, Mike... I hope you do get enough orders to recoup your invested time and money.
eightman
Legacy Member

Post by eightman »

M.R. Ogle wrote:True. Unfortunately true.

Don't think that anyone involved in the process of making these bodies available is doing this to make ANY profit.... there really ain't none to be had.

This is just for the benefit of the Q-Scale community, and Mike Casey is... once again... jumping through hoops and fronting the cash to make sure everyone who wants a new body can get one.

Thanks, Mike... I hope you do get enough orders to recoup your invested time and money.
i understand, that's a nice way of working. thanks to your work there will be a new body for the "community".
1:4 scale racing in France : V H R C
faceb..k quarterscale drivers group
my stuff : RC bodies