Raco GTP

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Raco GTP

Post by Mike Casey »

I am sure that a lot of you are familiar with the RACO GTP car that they produced. PBS actually made the body and RACO used them on their cars. PBS also produced a GTP car that they used the bodies on. Their car was one of the finest race cars built.
Here is a picture of the GTP mold that I have in my museum. It is made of cast aluminum and its one of the coolest things. This is the one and only original mold. It was lost for a very long time and was thought to be destroyed but it was actually found just about 1yr ago after lots of phone calls and looking around by its owner. Its amazing because the place that had it actually scrapped a lot of their aluminum for money. Its a miracle that this one did NOT go to the scrap yard.
I just wanted to share it with the rest of you guys because I get to see it everyday and I thought some of you would enjoy seeing it too! :D Maybe I will post some more pics of other goodies later.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
IMADMAN

Post by IMADMAN »

Those are some awesome finds!!! Hey Mike can you tell me what reasons Yankee is no longer around? I don't own one yet, but I think the design concepts are great. Not to mention some of the most beautiful scale bodies around.
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I agree... Yankee had the best bodies hands down. I also think that their cars really were ahead of their time. I think if they were still around that they would have some amazing cars.
I am not sure why they are gone. I heard one time it was due to tax reasons and the factory was taken by the goverment. They did come back for a short time a couple years ago and I was able to buy something but then they went away again. Its very weird and I hope that someone else that sees this can clarify better.
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
IMADMAN

Post by IMADMAN »

Actually, some guy e-mailed me a couple of weeks ago, saying he use to date the owners daughter or something to that effect. He went on to say the owner was an "ingenious frenchman". I may still have his e-mail.
I will check and if so i'll ask him for more info on the Yankee brand, and why it went by the wayside. :cry: