1/4 Scale Diff Build

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
dwayne

Re: 1/4 Scale Diff Build

Post by dwayne »

Ive got a endbell and endbell housing you can have Chris if you want...021 918057....
flo5

Post by flo5 »

Bentley,

Sprint car for me, what with the earthquakes in ChCh & a move to Oamaru for work little progress has been made. I've been in email contact with some of the LQSS guys re various aspects of my build.

I've drawn up in 1:1 scale my chassis plan & looking to build jig shortly now I have more than a 1 car garage!

Still undecided on chassis material, thinking hydraulic tube at the minute vs thin wall mild steel for first build. Main reason is struggling to find reasonably priced tube bender that will bend thin wall mild steel. Have been looking at a Rothenberger.....

Need to teach myself to braze & we're away.....

Thoughs or advice appreciated ?

Cheers

Fraser
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

bentley marshall wrote:
mad62 wrote:hi guys,
mike here,just thought i would let you guys know im building two 1/4 scale sprint cars at the moment also,im down in christchurch,will get a few pics at some stage,have a few guys here interested so should get some racing happening,

cheers mike
sweet mike will be keen to see pics of ya sprints ..

there is a guy in rotorua has a few sprints and a guy in auckland used to have one not sure if he still has or not

bryan from rc innovations is keen to build or buy one too

i have 2 spare sprint bonnets if any one needs one or use for a mould

heres a link to my sprint http://www.quarterscalelegends.com/bb/v ... f=9&t=2290
hi bentley,
heres a few pics of the two sprint cars im building,going to run 29cc engines ,grinder head drive and chain setup,like my mates are running in aussie,looked at belt drive but not that good for on the dirt,as my mates in aussie have found,i made plugs and molds for the body cowls,just have to finish the tank mold and start my wings,etc
cheers mike
Attachments
DSC02721.JPG
DSC02720.JPG
DSC02719.JPG
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Post by bentley marshall »

they look sweet mike
dwayne

Post by dwayne »

Hey Mike they look great - you are a master with the fibreglass for sure..Ive attached some pics of my project. Its taken alongtime to get to here! Getting close to finishing..Need to hook up fuel lines, sort out throttle/brake linkages and some form of fail safe device. To scared to put it on the scales but it must weigh close to 30kgs...Waiting on body to be done and then sandblast and paint....Gasman/Mike if you have a scale drawing of the sprintcar my mate Bruce Clarke has decided he now wants to build one! Can you email me something?

Cheers all..

Dwayne
Attachments
stk5.jpg
stk4.jpg
stk3.jpg
stk2.jpg
stkcar1.jpg
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

that looks sweet dwayne ...30kgs ouch what a fatty lol

for a fail safe i run this http://www.rcinnovations.co.nz/shop2-2/ ... cts_id=349

they are a must have in anything gas powered ..you will need a 3 chanel radio tho

it will kill the engine if any thing gos wrong with the radio or loss of battery power allso you can kill the engine using the 3rd chanel butten if you get a jamed servo or some thing like that
gasman

Post by gasman »

Hi dwayne, best thing to do is to come and have a look, I have a full size jig and build board, but nothing drawn up yet....this will happen though, including all the parts needed to build one, being available to anyone who wants to build one.
I wasted a weekend going to Pamly to race onroad yesterday!!!!
I'm still keen on the lay shaft to shift the driveline to the centre of the chassis....
cryo-tek
1/4 scale guru

Post by cryo-tek »

dwayne,
Your detail work is great!! The ends of the tubes caped and the welds are nicely finished.

I like the covers you made for the rear wheels. The guard over the air filter is another nice touch.

This looks like something out of Mad Max.

Nice work! :thumbup:
RCI

Post by RCI »

Gezz ya never know who poops out of the woodwork! How ya doing Dwayne - Mike!!!!

Deffo keen on sprintcar when I have time to build one or by the looks of the replies here there is a few in NZ that I can buy one off soon :)

Bryan
gasman

Post by gasman »

Hey dwayne, best you post up a youtube link of how stockcar racing is done here in NZ!!!!!! I'm thinking teams champs footage......
dwayne

Post by dwayne »

Full contact racing in NZ...Teams racing is the height of the crash n bash..heres a vid of some of the teams racing over the years..The real cars weigh 1500kgs and as youll see need every bit of that...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B_-DOmVBZ24
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

poopie i bet theres a few sore drivers after that
dwayne

Post by dwayne »

Funky - the impact and the noise of the impact are quite shocking..Whilst the cars are made of steel they do give a bit, but due to the impacts there have been many a great driver retired due to injury. From a spectator point of view its the bash n crash that we enjoy! Sometimes you forget about the fact the drivers put it all on the line...Modern day gladiators...
dwayne

Post by dwayne »

Hey Mike. Ive got a grinder in pieces you can have if you havent already got one. Not 100% sure on ratio tho..flick me some details if you want me to send it to you...Dwayne
mad62
1/4 scale guru

Post by mad62 »

hi dwayne,
thanks for that,i have one coming from aussie,its a certain size grinder head they use,once i get the one im running i will be able to look at some others if they are the correct size,that stocky is looking good,pretty solid,hate to have that hit me,lol,
will keep you posted on how its going,
cheers mike