1/4 Scale Diff Build

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Re: 1/4 Scale Diff Build

Post by bentley marshall »

heres a update on the diff ...
Attachments
Image0121.jpg
Image0120.jpg
Image0119.jpg
Image0118.jpg
gasman

Post by gasman »

Took some photos of my project today just waiting on the wheels and tyres to arrive so I can start building front and rear axles.
Attachments
DSC05983.JPG
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

looking good so far mate
gasman

Post by gasman »

thanks , I might take you up on the offer of taking a mold on the bonnet if thats ok... going to make a plug for the tail tank. 0274607639.
I like the look of those disc brakes systems Brian has, could easily adapt to fit my back axle.
RCI

Post by RCI »

Looking great Bents! ic you decided to make the side plates round!!!

Gasman Chris, nice looking chassis mate! motor maybe a bit far back tho? she'll be pulling wheelies all down the straights :lol:
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

no probs gassman i was going to take a mould off my tail as well becouse bryan wants one and will be handy if i smash mine i have 3 differnt bonnets we will have to see what one will fit your chassis

bryan yeah that what busted the gears in my lathe lol
morrie

Post by morrie »

yes teams racing do break bodies both driver and car. ya stockcar looking good dwayne, ive got my tank 1/2 done just need a 32t rear sprocket ,i reckon be 35kg when finish made like brick s..t house ,ill try to get some photos up . have to get dan's stock car on here to . starting me sprint car chassis to day still under sided on drive system tho .
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

Hi morrie welcom to the forum ....please do post some photos of you cars

i have fiberglass sprint car bonnets and tail moulds now pulled the first ones out of the moulds last week they came out good

let me know if any of you want a set ...

i got the alloy baja diff to go in my rear end so will be getting back on to soon ...ive taken on more projects lately but they are more work related :cry:
morrie

Post by morrie »

cheers bentley, i sent some picks to dwayne ,by phone of my stock car ,i will have to use the partners carma to put some picks up. i'm diffently after a tail mould as i'm doing a old school type sprint car ,edelbrock type chasie, ive got a 27 zenoah motor and tyers , one side of chasie semi done working on the other side, shocks to come, would like to see gass man's setup
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

hi morrie if you txt me the photos i can put them up on here if you want ...(021448684)
heres some pix of my tail and bonnets i have moulds for the tail and the white bonnet at the moment
Attachments
Image0162.jpg
Image0163.jpg
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

heres some pics of my wcm sprint in bits might help you
http://s43.photobucket.com/albums/e372/ ... int%20car/
morrie

Post by morrie »

that's some nice picks their, i see u have a edelbrock front body , are you selling those , would be after 1 and tail tank .i;ll send u some picks through , early stages of build.
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

hi morrie the photos were from the guy i bought the wcm from the edelbrock was his so no sorry .... would have loved to have that car but was way out of my price range .. it sold not that long ago he had offer between 3-4000$

the only bonnets i have atre the ones in the pic above ..i only have moulds for the white bonnet and the tail ...will be making moulds for the other two a bit later on
bentley marshall
1/4 scale guru

hi morrie i put the wrong number its 021448682 dont know how i got that wrong ive had that number for about 20 years
morrie

Post by morrie »

their was a edelbrock in the us $9000 ebay , will some one got some picks prob wondering what the ...i'll send then today