Treasure on ebay

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Treasure on ebay

Post by big maestro »

Well not really but if the link is still good take a look at this car. They said it was a movie car. I looked at it close and realized it was a raco grandnational car. I bid on it because I figured I could use it for parts on a restore I'm doing. Well I won the auction and I recieved the car today. Holy crap!!!!!!!! It's a brand new car. There is hardly a scratch on it. Only thing was no motor which is no problem, but they spray painted it flat black on most of the chassis. So when I find something that will take the paint off safely, I'll have a brand new car.
Just wanted to share that with you guys.
Lance
ebay item # 250050232301
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

yea, saw that one. Pretty good deal... even just for parts, but if its in good shape thats even cooler!!
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!
big maestro
Legacy Member

Post by big maestro »

for 139.00 shipped, It was a great deal. The car is brand new. There is'nt a hint of rust or anything like that on it. I am going to take it apart and take the paint off everything. It's only spray can paint it comes of as soon as thinner hits it. Then drop in a new red cap and fire it up. I always liked the raco GN cars. I just never found one really worth doing anything with till now.
BTW, Mike I'll get the pics of the wings up tomorrow, been busy tonight with my new toy :D
Mike Casey
Legacy Member

Post by Mike Casey »

I am sure it will clean up real good. Thats the same platform used for the stadium truck too. Gearbox alone is worth the 100 bucks.
I cant wait to see pics of the wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :shock:
www.quarterscalelegends.com The Awesome history of 1/4 scale!!