New to the hobby, plus an interesting link

Lets talk about 1/4 scale cars here!!
Gadawgsred

New to the hobby, plus an interesting link

Post by Gadawgsred »

Hi all,
I am totally new to 1/4 scale. I am 32 and have grown up on Tamiya and Kyosho stuff. I have a few old Tamiya and Kyosho NIB kits, that are dear to me. I picked up a 1/4 CEC electric car on ebay for $300 about a month ago and I am working on cleaning and redoing it. Needless to say, it is very cool.
I just bought a 1/4 New Era car from Theresa, aka Michael, They are very, very nice people, spent a lot of time talking with me and sending photos. This guy has a lot of stuff! He is working on changing his shop up and does custom bike stuff as well. He just doesn't know much about the stuff he has. Heck, I don't either, but he was very upfront and honest. I am planning on getting the New Era and breaking it down, redoing it, etc.
Here is a cool link for those who have not seen it. A 1/3 Ferrari 312, this is absolutely nuts! You must see this!
http://www.autoblog.com/2006/11/30/vide ... unctional/
Take care everybody!
Chris
Lovedr
Legacy Member

Post by Lovedr »

put up some pics for us to see
Tig
Legacy Member

Post by Tig »

I posted this up a few days ago. It titled "This is amazing", I beleive its 2 or 3 lines below this one. There are a couple of pictures and added video.
It is quite amazing I must say. A lot of heart soul and dedication and especially time went into the assembly.