1/4 scale custom sandrail build

Post your custom large scale projects completed or not here. These are home builds. No factory or mass produced cars please.
GoMeR23

1/4 scale custom sandrail build

Post by GoMeR23 »

Hey guys! Im new to the forum, and to 1/4 scale rc! I have seen some of the high quality projects on here, and I have decided to start my own! I' want a sandrail style buggy, with long travel soft suspension, probably something I will have to custom build, I already have the motor, wheels, engines, ball joints, servo h bridges, and frame design.
My motor, and wheels from an old scooter.
These are some mock ups of the design im planning on. I like that frame setup alot, and I have a working h bridge to power drill motors for steering and throttle/ brake servos.
GoMeR23

Re: 1/4 scale custom sandrail build

Post by GoMeR23 »

I found the design I want to use for the suspension, I cut the steering tube from a bike. Its perfect fit for the springs and has threads in the top.
GoMeR23

Post by GoMeR23 »

So here is an update on the shocks, I was originally going to use a rubber grommet to seal the shaft to the tube, but there is just too much play so s to cause leaks. So I'm going to use a brass threaded nipple bolted to the end, with two orings on either side with an end cap to seal the oring.
GoMeR23

Post by GoMeR23 »

Also an update on the design of the transmission, I'm going to use an angle grinder head bolted onto the transmissio to allow me to set the emgine straight in the frame and centered in the frame.